Lifting a 2019 2500, Bigger Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok new to the board so not sure if I should be posting under the "Lifted" forum or here because I'm talking about lifting a 2500 HD ?

Anyways, taking delivery this week of a 2019 Tradesman with the 6.4 Hemi, so want to begin understanding how guys are leveling, lifting, putting larger rims & Tires on, etc...

My first question is can 20 inch rims with 35x12.5 be put on a stock tradesman ?

Anyone have this set up with pics ? Would love to see some other lifted 2019 2500 pics with details on the set up ???

I did try searching for this stuff but didn't find anything or don't know how to search the forum properly ... maybe we can just start a new current thread here ?

Thanks.

ClassicRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
I too need help with leveling / lifting my new 2019 2500HD 4x4 crew cab Cummings Limited.

I agree about where to find threads that match your truck when searching. I start with Gen 5 then Heavy Duty and I read threads that are for other trucks. I really think this forum would be better off navigating first by truck size then Generation.

Derek Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should be able to fit that size with a leveling kit. Brand is depending on how much you want to spend.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From what I’ve gathered there has been enough changed in the front suspension that the 4th gen stuff will sort of work but not without some tweaking.

Readylift has a 2019+ HD leveling kit out already. So far no one has shocks or coils listed, or at least that I can find.

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I’ve gathered there has been enough changed in the front suspension that the 4th gen stuff will sort of work but not without some tweaking.

Readylift has a 2019+ HD leveling kit out already. So far no one has shocks or coils listed, or at least that I can find.
For what it’s worth, I have a Superlift spacer kit on mine and love it. Didn’t change the ride quality at all and only cost around 130. I wouldn’t use spacers to lift a vehicle several inches necessarily, however just some on the front end to level it out doesn’t seem to affect anything.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For what it’s worth, I have a Superlift spacer kit on mine and love it. Didn’t change the ride quality at all and only cost around 130. I wouldn’t use spacers to lift a vehicle several inches necessarily, however just some on the front end to level it out doesn’t seem to affect anything.

Any modifications required to the Super Lift parts to make it work? That’s like half the price of Readylift.

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any modifications required to the Super Lift parts to make it work? That’s like half the price of Readylift.
I have a buddy who installed for me, he’s a local 4x4 shop owner. But no, there were no issues or mods needed according to him.

jsessa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie.
I put 35x12.5x20 Tires on 20x9.5” rims. Wheels have 12mm offset. Tires barely clear the fenders. This is with a ready lift 1.75” leveling lift. I tried just slightly larger tires and they rubbed.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You'll need a 2.5" spacer level kit then or you could go with adjustable height shocks, such as the Bilstein 5100. Those two would be the cheapest alternative. Beyond that, you are in suspension lift territory.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll need a 2.5" spacer level kit then or you could go with adjustable height shocks, such as the Bilstein 5100. Those two would be the cheapest alternative. Beyond that, you are in suspension lift territory.

this is just me but i dont think i would raise the front that much without raising the rear. the new models dont appear to have as much rake as the older ones imo. ive seen a new one with some sort of front lift spacers and frankly it looked awful imo. really had the sqautter look but hey if thats what your going for then so be it

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

His truck is a 2500 with coil springs... not a half ton.

They make adjustable bilstien 5100 for the 2500?

No.

OP
OP
Johnny Ram

Johnny Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Ok, so is this the best kit / best price that we know about to get 35 x 12.5x 20's underneath her (below) ?

Also mine has the snow chief option ... any concerns ? I did hear somewhere that the snow chief actually brings up the front end a little to offset plow weight and that a leveling kit may be a problem and/or will get the front end too high ... any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Super Lift 2.5" Leveling Kit #40023
Price*: $149.95

Eric Troup

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have 2019 Ram 2500 Limited Kentucky Derby Edition with the Brown Leather seats. I am in process of installing Thuren 1” taller 26% softer springs with new anti-sway and track bars on front, new track bar at rear and custom tuned King 2.5 shocks front and rear. Have auto-leveling rear air bags. All customized for the 2019. Do not want to lift truck because it is tall enough and I tow a travel trailer.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so is this the best kit / best price that we know about to get 35 x 12.5x 20's underneath her (below) ?

Also mine has the snow chief option ... any concerns ? I did hear somewhere that the snow chief actually brings up the front end a little to offset plow weight and that a leveling kit may be a problem and/or will get the front end too high ... any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Super Lift 2.5" Leveling Kit #40023
Price*: $149.95

Are you looking to level it because you want it perfectly level? I ask because you really should have no problem fitting 35x12.5/20’s on there stock. Especially if you go with a stock 20 or one that has positive offset.

OP
OP
Johnny Ram

Johnny Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you looking to level it because you want it perfectly level? I ask because you really should have no problem fitting 35x12.5/20’s on there stock. Especially if you go with a stock 20 or one that has positive offset.

Don't mind a little rake at all ... only would level to get bigger tires under it ... encouraged that you believe I should be able to put 35x12.5/20’s with stock suspension ... I would like to use a non-oem 20" rim though like an XD Rockstar or similar ... and would like to see some tire outside the wheel well as far as stance/offset ... like even -12 mm' ish looks good to me on many pics that I've seen of other trucks and set ups ... not going to be off-road so I think I can push it pretty close on clearance if I'm not rubbing out of the gates. More input from anyone ???

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't mind a little rake at all ... only would level to get bigger tires under it ... encouraged that you believe I should be able to put 35x12.5/20’s with stock suspension ... I would like to use a non-oem 20" rim though like an XD Rockstar or similar ... and would like to see some tire outside the wheel well as far as stance/offset ... like even -12 mm' ish looks good to me on many pics that I've seen of other trucks and set ups ... not going to be off-road so I think I can push it pretty close on clearance if I'm not rubbing out of the gates. More input from anyone ???

Go to customeoffsets and look through pics of similar setups you desire. I would bet there are many available to look at.

But yea, 35x12.5’s will fit with factory suspension and bumpstops... with the proper offset wheel. Not so sure a negative offset will get you there, though.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
http://www.cjcoffroad.com

these guys have sole you tube videos showing you what’s is required to fit 35”s/ 37”s

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/

Thuren has a ton of valuable knowledge on his site also telling you what back spacing you need to clear what size tire.

I am 99% sure with a proper offset rim you can fit 35”s. Maybe not 35/12/50 but close. I think the issue will be the Width. Poke around on those two site and look at their you tube videos.

CjC also has a “ Blog Section” that has all their previous builds. Mainly 3”lifts and bigger and 37”s, but it can give you some ideas.

OP
OP
Johnny Ram

Johnny Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
http://www.cjcoffroad.com

these guys have sole you tube videos showing you what’s is required to fit 35”s/ 37”s

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/

Thuren has a ton of valuable knowledge on his site also telling you what back spacing you need to clear what size tire.

I am 99% sure with a proper offset rim you can fit 35”s. Maybe not 35/12/50 but close. I think the issue will be the Width. Poke around on those two site and look at their you tube videos.

CjC also has a “ Blog Section” that has all their previous builds. Mainly 3”lifts and bigger and 37”s, but it can give you some ideas.

Thanks I'll look into this. Thuren does not show 19-20 for 2500's in their pull downs ... which is fine for me anyways, not really looking to lift ... it's already high enough stock ... even at 6'2" I was glad to get running boards finally installed yesterday ... only good thing about it before the step ups was the in-laws couldn't get in ...