Lightbar placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I see a lot of people mounting their lightbars in that space under the bumper and I'm wondering how the dirt and road grime affects them? I'm looking to put one on mine but i'm looking at mounting it on the bumper so it's not so close to the ground. Winter time is tough up here with all the darkness so I need something that will light up the highway and allow me to see a moose should one happen to be coming near or on the road.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have a slot above the bumper and below the grill on your front fascia. Do you have tow hooks?

That's where I mounted mine.

20170520_171123.jpg

OP
OP
AkNoad2

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No tow hooks nor slot above the bumper, I looked at my bumper again and it appears that it won't fit under the bumper, not enough room. So it will have to go on top of the bumper, now I just need to figure out how big I want to go with it.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Winter time is tough up here with all the darkness so I need something that will light up the highway and allow me to see a moose should one happen to be coming near or on the road.

People get as passionate about lights as tires, oil, fuel, whatever... I'd like to advise care in selecting your lighting solution because a lot of the inexpensive LED bars make a ton of light up close to the vehicle but don't penetrate very far ahead to give you early warning of animals in the roadway. The indirect LED bars like PIAA makes and KC Gravity lights have much better focal patterns that send a lot of light far into the distance without just whiting you out in the first 20 feet.. but dang you pay for those $$$

On my Ram I installed an aftermarket bumper, but on my little Jeep I used a license plate bracket reinforced with some rivnuts directly into the plastic bumper cover; I don't know if that idea helps you at all but it's been a rock solid answer to the mounting situation on that vehicle.

20200922_171233_HDR.jpg
20200708_165238.jpg

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
put a cover it, mine takes rock hits

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I see a lot of people mounting their lightbars in that space under the bumper and I'm wondering how the dirt and road grime affects them? I'm looking to put one on mine but i'm looking at mounting it on the bumper so it's not so close to the ground. Winter time is tough up here with all the darkness so I need something that will light up the highway and allow me to see a moose should one happen to be coming near or on the road.
I use this...it has looked like new for 5 years now. It comes in chrome too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WA4BGS4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_pnOTiiWMmCIvq

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I don't think RC makes mine anymore. It has an additional 15 LED in the center row of the 4 LED groupings. The pattern for this is mostly forward, is why I wanted it. I done the kept my eye on the white reflector in the distance thing and it was 1.1 miles away. So far it has given me plenty of headsup for 2 heards of WY antelope, a cow and it's calf, 1 deer, a couple of foxes and badgers. This was on the country highway doing 65ish. Oh yeah, and a few of the brightlightasaurus'

upload_2020-12-9_0-44-33.png