Little Design/Research progress on Manual swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Following this...awesome!
I suggest buying the viper spec T-56 though. The bigger input shaft WILL strip with higher power. My mustang made 600rwhp, and i bought the viper spec, and they sent me the stock T-56 by mistake. Tore all of the teeth off of the input shaft.
Then returned it, and installed the viper spec, held up fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You think your busy now, just wait till you retire-----:D
Jay
One of the guys on the dept is retired and says the same thing.... Recently I keep saying I wish I could win the lotto not for the money but the time it would afford me to do my projects.
But in all honesty, I don't think I can get any more busy and thinking of making some changes, cause it is taking me away from home to much with my little one... this week I have had her out more working on the cars with me or in the yard and I need to focus more on that, cause that is what matters... they are only in their terrible 2's once... then they turn into pain in the ass teens lol

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following this...awesome!
I suggest buying the viper spec T-56 though. The bigger input shaft WILL strip with higher power. My mustang made 600rwhp, and i bought the viper spec, and they sent me the stock T-56 by mistake. Tore all of the teeth off of the input shaft.
Then returned it, and installed the viper spec, held up fine.
That has been my original plan, but many of these units they sell are reworked to handle more horsepower. I don't think I will really get the motor over 600ish HP unless on boost and I'm still debating if I will go that route or not..
There are some guys I know running these in 600-750hp late model vetts, but they also don't have the weight these rams have to contend with, time will tell. I plan to talk more with them and also get an opinion from American Powertrain too.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That has been my original plan, but many of these units they sell are reworked to handle more horsepower. I don't think I will really get the motor over 600ish HP unless on boost and I'm still debating if I will go that route or not..
There are some guys I know running these in 600-750hp late model vetts, but they also don't have the weight these rams have to contend with, time will tell. I plan to talk more with them and also get an opinion from American Powertrain too.

The amount of splines on the input shaft is the problem. Tore all of the teeth of of the 26 spline T-56, but had zero problems with the viper spec T-56 with 31 splines. My shaft stripped shifting at only half throttle. As long as you add the 31 spline input shaft to the T-56 you should be fine.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
You think your busy now, just wait till you retire-----:D
Jay

No doubt. I’ve been retired for 10 years and stay busier than before I retired.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L
Mod list: Pedal Commander, AVS Vent shades, Solo Delete kit, molar side step rails