Local shop to replace exhaust manifold…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tl806

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure if this should be here or general discussion…. I definitely have an exhaust manifold leak. It ticks like crazy upon start up but goes completely away once warm. Does anyone know of a local shop they recommend in the Dallas TX area that actually knows what they’re doing and is fairly reasonable? Thanks for any info.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If the bolts or bolt is indeed broken, this is the one service I would use the big pocket dealer for. Some yahoo not knowing what he is doing can ruin an engine. Dealers do tons of these, and if they mess it up better chance they will make it right, my 2 cents. Usually the manifold itself isnt the issue. So they will have to drill and tap those holes, the issue with that being is coolant lines are very close, recipe for disaster.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I'd only consider a dealer if the truck is still under warranty. Yes, they'll repair for free, but it remains to he seen if they really did adequately redesign the manifold not to warp excessively. They had been replacing with the same defective design for years.

Google a local exhaust shop, look at review ratings. Or if you're up to it, take them off thru wheelwells and sand flat with belt sander. This works.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If just bolt broken, fairly easy fix. However, manifold is most likely also warped as that is generally what causes the bolts to break. Get the existing one machined flat. Do both sides while it is in there and put in quality bolts. Putting on a new manifold means it will just warp later. Very few dealers will machine, they always want to replace. I would find a top notch shop that will have the existing manifolds machined flat.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do not let anyone drill and tap the broken bolts will just end in a new cylinder head the fastest/best way Is to use a welder build it up on the broken bolt works for me every time have done at least 10 trucks that way.