Long Tube Headers project start to finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the flip side, I downloaded Hemifever's 93 tune with ATX tune... Very happy and so is the wife... She helped me with the install today.

KIMG0612.JPG

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok... I finished the ******* install... This **** is not "plug n play", it definitely does not just bolt the **** on either... What a ******* **** show! Every piece of this install was designed to make you bleed.. 2 hrs on a ******* bolt? Why TF not? Designer should be shot... And whoever says it bolts right on should be shot on site...yes, bolts right TF up if you have a crate engine on a cherry picker.i stopped taking pictures once I tool off the wheel well liner and realized what a ******* mess this was. Do not ever tell anyone that this BS is plug n play of that if bolts right up..I'll beat you within an inch of your life.

So, what you’re really trying to say is that you had a great time but you ran out of beers?? Lol.

I was going to install my JBA long tubes myself but I don’t have any way to weld anything or the knowledge of how to weld. Plus, I can’t close my garage door once I pull the truck in so that I’m not basically working in 20 degree weather with cold steel. I was also worried about any broken exhaust manifold bolts. At least you can say you did it and can call it a learning experience. Congratulations on the install!! I’m hoping to get my truck back tomorrow. Next will be a dyno tune for me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok... I finished the ******* install... This **** is not "plug n play", it definitely does not just bolt the **** on either... What a ******* **** show! Every piece of this install was designed to make you bleed.. 2 hrs on a ******* bolt? Why TF not? Designer should be shot... And whoever says it bolts right on should be shot on site...yes, bolts right TF up if you have a crate engine on a cherry picker.i stopped taking pictures once I tool off the wheel well liner and realized what a ******* mess this was. Do not ever tell anyone that this BS is plug n play of that if bolts right up..I'll beat you within an inch of your life.

The next set you do will be easier,lol.Took me 2 days to install my JBA's the first time around,and I was like you,looking for the damn engineers who'd build a piece of crap like the trucks to work on,i'd of strangled the ******** about 1/2 way through the job,lol.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, what you’re really trying to say is that you had a great time but you ran out of beers?? Lol.

I was going to install my JBA long tubes myself but I don’t have any way to weld anything or the knowledge of how to weld. Plus, I can’t close my garage door once I pull the truck in so that I’m not basically working in 20 degree weather with cold steel. I was also worried about any broken exhaust manifold bolts. At least you can say you did it and can call it a learning experience. Congratulations on the install!! I’m hoping to get my truck back tomorrow. Next will be a dyno tune for me.
I highly recommend against doing it yourself... This is an extremely difficult install. Where do you go for the Dyno tune? Always wondered if it's be better than a mail order tune

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congratulations, sounds like the install went rather well! How does the new set of lungs feel on the truck?
The installation went like a ****** pile of **** slowly making its way down my leg. Pipes, acceleration is very good.. sounds a lil raspy under load with the competitor but I'll give it a few days and see how that goes.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I highly recommend against doing it yourself... This is an extremely difficult install. Where do you go for the Dyno tune? Always wondered if it's be better than a mail order tune

I will be going to Satera Tuning in Hampshire, IL. He has the record for the world’s fastest Hellcat and really knows his Hemis (all 3 sizes). It’s definitely better as he can see and adjust things in real time and test them as he goes. Where a mail order tune is based on best educated guess how your engine will respond to certain tunes. I’m far from saying they don’t know what they’re doing but there’s no way to adjust it right then and there without having to wait for another email. Jay Greene and Hemifever know their stuff for sure but it’s the whole waiting for adjustments and if your tuner causes an issue, it’s between you and DiabloSport or whomever to work through it. Where a tuner at a shop has access right then and there to tech support and can fix it and continue.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The next set you do will be easier,lol.Took me 2 days to install my JBA's the first time around,and I was like you,looking for the damn engineers who'd build a piece of crap like the trucks to work on,i'd of strangled the ******** about 1/2 way through the job,lol.

Took me 11 hours with a lift, wife helping, pint of blood on the floor and a piece of my scalp stuck under the cab. EVERY single f@cking bolt is a complete pain in the ass. Two Army "mechanics" told me it has to be the wrong set of headers for my vehicle.. once you get everything aligned it fits just right...and I mean JUST right without a f@cking 1/4" to play with. Don't forget you have to trim off about 1.5' of stock exhaust pipe because this thing just "bolts right on"... Complete horse ****. the driver's side collector is so close the the frame it will pinch the fuel/brake lines (not 100% sure wtf those were and I don't give a ****). That little ************* heat shield right under the manifold MUST come out too... The header will not line up correctly and I destroyed the driver's side ramflex gasket trying to force it.
The "next time" will never happen.. last time I ever do this, I promise.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will be going to Satera Tuning in Hampshire, IL. He has the record for the world’s fastest Hellcat and really knows his Hemis (all 3 sizes). It’s definitely better as he can see and adjust things in real time and test them as he goes. Where a mail order tune is based on best educated guess how your engine will respond to certain tunes. I’m far from saying they don’t know what they’re doing but there’s no way to adjust it right then and there without having to wait for another email. Jay Greene and Hemifever know their stuff for sure but it’s the whole waiting for adjustments and if your tuner causes an issue, it’s between you and DiabloSport or whomever to work through it. Where a tuner at a shop has access right then and there to tech support and can fix it and continue.
I can see that.. now to get an A/F gauge and start datalogging so I can come close to where you'll be! Lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't mean to mislead you about the install. Glad you got it done and I'm sure you will be happy with the results. Once all the cuts and bruises heal you'll feel a little better. And just think, the ARH header fit better than any other brand. Welcome to the club---LOL
Jay

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lol. I’m also having to pay him $650 to do the dyno tune. It was $850 but he has already turned off my MDS and adjusted my fan temps and throttle sensitivity, so he has a license for my truck already and that was $200

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Just make sure you crack all of them after a few hundred and heat cycles. The bolts are designed to yield, even if they feel tight go another squeak so you don’t have to worry about them again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't mean to mislead you about the install. Glad you got it done and I'm sure you will be happy with the results. Once all the cuts and bruises heal you'll feel a little better. And just think, the ARH header fit better than any other brand. Welcome to the club---LOL
Jay

You actually helped me out... Next time just say it's f@cking impossible as a more accurate description, lol

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol. I’m also having to pay him $650 to do the dyno tune. It was $850 but he has already turned off my MDS and adjusted my fan temps and throttle sensitivity, so he has a license for my truck already and that was $200
Jesus, that's steep for a Dyno tune. Found a few places here where's it's 3 pulls plus tuning for $400

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That’s what I thought but there are very few Mopar tuners in Chicago. And he has been super helpful to improve my truck and get the right upgraded parts.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what I thought but there are very few Mopar tuners in Chicago. And he has been super helpful to improve my truck and get the right upgraded parts.
That right there is priceless... great service is worth it's weight in gold

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That right there is priceless... great service is worth it's weight in gold

I 500% agree. Customer service, experience, and knowledge are priceless and worth a little extra money. I know a fair amount about performance but the Hemi is a newer beast to me as I’m a Bow tie guy at heart and that’s where 90% of my experience lays.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Having gone through the install myself I can attest to most of your frustration. Mine was a bit easier because I did it with my front end disassembled including the radiator and Trans/ac cooler removed so I could stand in the engine compartment and reach most of the bolts since I did this along with me cam/lifter/spring upgrade. Also had lots of flexible ratcheting wrenches and swivel extensions which is a must have. Pain in the ass for sure!

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having gone through the install myself I can attest to most of your frustration. Mine was a bit easier because I did it with my front end disassembled including the radiator and Trans/ac cooler removed so I could stand in the engine compartment and reach most of the bolts since I did this along with me cam/lifter/spring upgrade. Also had lots of flexible ratcheting wrenches and swivel extensions which is a must have. Pain in the ass for sure!

At one point I thought to myself to pull the f@cking engine at it might be easier... We should form a gang and beat the designers with the stock manifolds we have

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So did you happen to take any pictures of any cables (trans cable) you had to heat shield wrap or the one of the wire harness that needs to be moved a little ( either pull ya or wild one suggested that). they had said you will run run into problems down the road from the heat. your raspyness is going to come from your muffler, ive seen some threads where guys have gone through a couple mufflers to get the right sound