Looking for a Hoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
@Burla that’s a point I hadn’t even considered, so thanks for reminding me. However people in uniform are still liked and respected where I live and visit. You won’t find me in a “peaceful protest” zone anytime soon. I’m done contributing any discretionary dollars to those economies unless circumstances change.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My brother just picked up a GMT400 Tahoe. Thing is stupid loaded for an OBS. He’s planning a DD and mild overlander with it.

That SSV is an awesome starting platform. I would be doing almost exactly what you are doing with it.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
This one followed me home today. I bet you can tell who the previous owner was. This was a one owner truck, spent it’s life in the same state it was built until retirement with only 60k on the clock.

Saw that and immediately thought of the Blues Brothers. :)

...It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
That’s right, I’m considering the purchase of a Chevy.

If any of you have paid for Hoes, ridden Hoes, or have any particular knowledge on the topic please share your thoughts.

I was a GM man for over 35 years. In 2013 I purchased a bran new 2013 Silverado extended cab, leather with NO heated seats. Big mistake here in Michigan as even wearing insulated bibs, by the times I would get home from work "12 mile drive" the cold from the leather seats went right to my bones. The extended cab was also very noisy which I had not experienced in my 2005 Avalanche that I traded in on it.
I traded it 6 months to the day for a 14 crew cab which was much quieter except on concrete surfaces and after sinking money to make it look good, tranny issues developed and finally, a 3,5,R clutch drum took care of it (under warranty).
I always had a special place deep inside for my 2005 Avalanche that I should have NEVER traded for the 13 extended cab, one day I found a 13 LTZ Black Diamond 4X4 Avalanche and snatched her up. Paid an additional $3400 for a GM Platinum warrant that was to cover it bumper to bumper but it did fall short. When my dash started to crack in 1 year of ownership, AND the GM Palatium warranty that was sold to me as a bumper to bumper warranty, GM says sorry bubba, the dash is a cosmetic item. :mad:
I sold that truck within a month and bough my 2019 Ram Big Horn Classic and never looked back.
GM has forever lost a customer who even worked at the dealership that refused the claim on my dash.
And yes, I know all auto makers have some issues with their products, BUT the dash issues is well known on trucks and suv's and GM refuses to stand behind their products.
ALSO 3 of the last 4 trucks/SUT from GM was built in Mexico... My Ram right here in Michigan. :head3:

Last edited:

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I was a GM man for over 35 years. In 2013 I purchased a bran new 2013 Silverado extended cab, leather with NO heated seats. Big mistake here in Michigan as even wearing insulated bibs, by the times I would get home from work "12 mile drive" the cold from the leather seats went right to my bones. The extended cab was also very noisy which I had not experienced in my 2005 Avalanche that I traded in on it.
I traded it 6 months to the day for a 14 crew cab which was much quieter except on concrete surfaces and after sinking money to make it look good, tranny issues developed and finally, a 3,5,R clutch drum took care of it (under warranty).
I always had a special place deep inside for my 2005 Avalanche that I should have NEVER traded for the 13 extended cab, one day I found a 13 LTZ Black Diamond 4X4 Avalanche and snatched her up. Paid an additional $3400 for a GM Platinum warrant that was to cover it bumper to bumper but it did fall short. When my dash started to crack in 1 year of ownership, AND the GM Palatium warranty that was sold to me as a bumper to bumper warranty, GM says sorry bubba, the dash is a cosmetic item. :mad:
I sold that truck within a month and bough my 2019 Ram Big Horn Classic and never looked back.
GM has forever lost a customer who even worked at the dealership that refused the claim on my dash.
And yes, I know all auto makers have some issues with their products, BUT the dash issues is well known on trucks and suv's and GM refuses to stand behind their products.
ALSO 3 of the last 4 trucks/SUT from GM was built in Mexico... My Ram right here in Michigan. :head3:

For a used vehicle, I doubt the warranty was GM. Likely aftermarket sold through the dealership. Still, dealers can be the worst part of car/truck ownership. The big 3 need to really dump blue laws and stop making customers mad with mediocre dealerships.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
For a used vehicle, I doubt the warranty was GM. Likely aftermarket sold through the dealership. Still, dealers can be the worst part of car/truck ownership. The big 3 need to really dump blue laws and stop making customers mad with mediocre dealerships.

You can doubt all you want; it was straight from the Chevy dealer, a GM Platinum warranty. Funny thing was the Avalanche was actually delivered to that dealership (the one I worked for) and they did a dealer trade with Lima Auto Mall who sold it to the original owner. I was the second owner, purchased in January 2019 and yes, it was a GM Platinum warranty.
Not sure if they offered it to me as a contract employee but $3400 and that was the discounted price, I took it because of the AFM issues plagued by some GM models.
None the less I was never offered any assistance/discount for the repair even though I was a loyal customer who's family had leased 3 vehicles and purchased 2 new and 1 used vehicles from them in 6 years time. A supporting member of 2 forums I had seen several post with people getting assistance in either reduced labor or free parts for the cost of labor for the install... but I was offered nothing.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
You can doubt all you want; it was straight from the Chevy dealer, a GM Platinum warranty. Funny thing was the Avalanche was actually delivered to that dealership (the one I worked for) and they did a dealer trade with Lima Auto Mall who sold it to the original owner. I was the second owner, purchased in January 2019 and yes, it was a GM Platinum warranty.
Not sure if they offered it to me as a contract employee but $3400 and that was the discounted price, I took it because of the AFM issues plagued by some GM models.
None the less I was never offered any assistance/discount for the repair even though I was a loyal customer who's family had leased 3 vehicles and purchased 2 new and 1 used vehicles from them in 6 years time. A supporting member of 2 forums I had seen several post with people getting assistance in either reduced labor or free parts for the cost of labor for the install... but I was offered nothing.

"GM Platinum" That answers a lot. It is really not "bumper to bumper", and has a very finite list of items it covers. You should have read the paperwork that came with that warranty. If you thought it was bumper to bumper, then again, you got duped by the dealership.

bankshot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
TR, warnings were sent out to LE awhile back that law enforcement vehicles were being broken into because thieves assumed firearms would be inside. That happened at gas stations, and residents and anywhere a vehicle was parked unattended

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
"GM Platinum" That answers a lot. It is really not "bumper to bumper", and has a very finite list of items it covers. You should have read the paperwork that came with that warranty. If you thought it was bumper to bumper, then again, you got duped by the dealership.

Ya, tell me about it. FINE PRINT

OP
OP
T

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
TR, warnings were sent out to LE awhile back that law enforcement vehicles were being broken into because thieves assumed firearms would be inside. That happened at gas stations, and residents and anywhere a vehicle was parked unattended

Excellent point. Something else to worry about LOL. Fortunately I frequent low crime areas, and it won’t be confused for a LE vehicle much longer once I get rolling on lifting and tires.