Looking for brighter headlights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
This is what I did... Here are some after pictures... btw these are the Philips 9011HIR bulbs. About $30 from Amazon.

The thing with HIDS are that the projectors are designed for halogen bulbs. Like a member mentioned above, they have been flashed by other drivers because the light isn't projecting correctly. If you want to do HIDs properly and not blind others you should look into a retrofit. Putting HIDs in halogen housings (to include halogen projectors) is generally frowned upon on popular forms like HIDplant. Mostly because what I mentioned above. 08dd5857474ebc09fdf7e3ba25a2faa7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HID's work fine in Halogen projectors. If you adjust them down properly they don't blind oncoming traffic at all and the only time people think your high beams are on is when going over hilly sections like IRSmart said and the oncoming car is naturally below the cutoff (which would still happen with a retrofit) I never get flashed on flat road.

fpdsniper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what I did... Here are some after pictures... btw these are the Philips 9011HIR bulbs. About $30 from Amazon.

The thing with HIDS are that the projectors are designed for halogen bulbs. Like a member mentioned above, they have been flashed by other drivers because the light isn't projecting correctly. If you want to do HIDs properly and not blind others you should look into a retrofit. Putting HIDs in halogen housings (to include halogen projectors) is generally frowned upon on popular forms like HIDplant. Mostly because what I mentioned above. 08dd5857474ebc09fdf7e3ba25a2faa7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to these? Amazon search gave 0 results.

kodiak56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've used both Diode Dynamics and Xenon Depots kits on my two Rams and haven't had any problems. I believe the DD kit was 5000K and the XD kit on my current Ram is the 4300K kit. Both were around $160 with the Canbus modules. That being said if there's a good kit out there for $90 that sounds like a hell of a deal. By the way the Diode Dynamics kit is still going strong with no issues and its been on that truck since June 2015.

Are the Diode Dynamics LED or HID?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In many places, HIDs in Halogen housings are illegal. And adjusting them down is all well and good, but not may modders bother as it defeats the purpose of putting in the HIDs in the first place. I stand by my earlier comment.