Looking for info on heated/cooled/memory seat wiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Espacef1fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m new to this forum but not to my 13 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn.
I’ve loved the seats in it for the last 100000 miles, they are the only seats which haven’t hurt me or my wife on a long trip.

I enjoy these seats so much I want to buy a pair of them to put into an older truck project I have.

I am trying to find diagrams/figure out if the functionality of these seats is dependent on a BCM or if they would be quite happy just getting power applied through appropriate circuits for each function.

Any help or information is appreciated.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The adjustment of the seat will work with 12v power but IF you are also referring to heated and cooled seats I "think" they receive commands from the CANBUS to function properly.

OP
OP
E

Espacef1fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The adjustment of the seat will work with 12v power but IF you are also referring to heated and cooled seats I "think" they receive commands from the CANBUS to function properly.
Yes I’m decidedly interested in the heated/cool function too.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need two canbus wires to the canbus connector under the drivers left side of the IP. The heated seat module gets its commands from the BCM. You probably would be better off putting after market heated/cooled seat module.