Low diif fluids from the factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So just got my new 2022, 2500 this last week. Wife found TSB out there stating some of these trucks from the factory left with improper fluid levels in the diffs. She worked at AAM for years and knows her drive line components.

So I checked mine and they were pretty low. According to the manual, the front is supposed to be be 1/4 inch below the edge of the fill port. The rear is supposed to be withing 4/5 of an inch...mine were significantly lower than they were supposed to be. Ended up using almost a full quart of gear oil total.. to bring them both up the proper levels.

Seems silly to have to check these things on a newer truck, but mine was lower than I would have expected it to be.

Attachments

• 20220628_123015.jpg
    20220628_123015.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OP
OP
stevenP

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well now that I asked DW, it was a couple of complaints on the NTSA website. Where people had taken their trucks in for service and this was found by the dealers, who apparently followed up with FCA.

Pops4163

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has nothing to do with diff fluid levels, but another thing that comes out of the factory wrong. Took my 2019 1500 to dealer about 3 months after I bought it for ac not cooling. They found the system was way undercharged, said that factory had put the wrong sticker on that shows the amount of freon. They checked their inventory and found 4 more 2019's on the lot with the wrong sticker. Who knows.