lowered now mirror problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed 2 inch lowering springs--love the look and ride, but now I have a hard time seeing out of rear view mirror--can't see as far now as I could before I lowered the rear end---is there no way to adjust the mirror for better visibility..

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Um...oh well? #guessyoushouldathoughtaboutthat

OP
OP
reborn55

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did--not realizing that new fangled mirrors don't have up and down adjustment like the older models do--pay all that money and the mirror is stationary---geez--you would think they would take into consideration that some tall peope even have problems with the mirror at stock height

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not even sure what this means... A non-adjustable mirror? Is the new interior mirror truly stationary?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
He has a 4th gen, but my mirror on my 4th gen adjusts up and down even with it being auto dimming

OP
OP
reborn55

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what I mean is the mounting stem does not move up or down--the mirror head does its usual movememt--some of the older vehicles had mirror heads and stem that would move up or down creating better visibility

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with the auto dimming mirrors that lever is not required....

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
what I mean is the mounting stem does not move up or down--the mirror head does its usual movememt--some of the older vehicles had mirror heads and stem that would move up or down creating better visibility

Ah... you mean the mirror could pivot on the stem and the stem could also pivot on the windshield mount. I haven't seen that ever since electronics started being incorporated into the mirrors. They probably weigh too much anymore for a double pivot setup in addition to needing the (much) bigger shroud over the windshield mount to aesthetically hide all the wires.

EDIT: Lower your seat?