Made a huge mistake...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The key to this is that in the original post he said that he doesn't currently have either one... He is making the choice to wait for the bigger, better, newer thing, which is perfectly fair.
Yes for sure, but the mentality still applies. You will always like things you cant afford more than what you can afford.

OP
OP
N

Nuieve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another argument for 19' is that this gen is new and will stay "the best" for at least 8-9 years (until next gen shows up). I think if there's time to splurge on a new car/truck, it's the first couple of years. This way you'll have many years to enjoy what is truly "the best".

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Basically this visit rendered me unable to buy a truck altogether. I'm all or nothing kind of guy. If I'm paying a lot of money for something it has to be perfect.

Word to your mother.

I can't find (they don't yet make) Laramie '19 Quad cab with 6' bed and RamBox. So....
Paralysis.

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I agree with the above about this gorgeous interior.
rm019_157fnc284b4qp7fgi4ophr907t40qf8_0.jpg

Ron Schott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The same thing happened to me. I went to the dealer to look at a 2018 Bighorn in brown. I really liked it.
If I hadn't seen and sat in the 2019, I would have been good to go.
Instead, I'll be picking up my 2019 Dark Forest Green Bighorn this weekend.

After seeing the upgraded exterior and interior, I no longer had control of my choice.

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
I went to the dealership on a Saturday to buy a 2019 Bighorn, put down a deposit, by Sunday night I had buyers remorse! So Monday I called the dealership and cancelled the Bighorn and bought a 2019 Laramie Black edition instead! :chair:

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^. May I ask why the sudden change of mind ? :)

I wanted a nice car, but living in Michigan with the worst roads in the USA, I needed something better. The truck sold me on the interior and ride comfort, so I went for a upgrade and wanted leather and cooled seats. I still think the Bighorn is a great truck, but I wanted a bit more luxury. I also have the E-torque Hemi, I am still nervous about the technology for longevity, But I will admit it works great! Plus I work across the street from the company who designed it, if it fails, I'll be throwing snowballs at then during lunchtime! :)
By the way the car I wanted was a CTS-V, so I saved money and it will be better suited for the roads here.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I fully understand, I went for a fully loaded BigHorn since that’s what I had before, but since there wasn’t a powered passenger seat for wifey it was a no go.

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yes a happy wife is a happy life! Only my daughter matters, and for some reason she thinks she gets to drive it and I get the passenger seat? My friend has a GMC Denali, he sits in my truck with the seat almost laid all the way back like he is in a lazyboy? he loves the interior too!