Magnaflow 15363 Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaSeadude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
After much research and internal debate, I ordered a Magnaflow 15363 cat-back exhaust for my RAM. I considered a number of options, to include only changing out the muffler. But in the end wanted the 5" black tips to complete the "blacked-out" look of my RAM.

On a previous RAM, I installed a similar setup and then used a hand-held tuner to disable the MDS to deal with the horrible sound of the motor when it was running on only 4 cylinders. However, it's my understanding that the 2015+ models have a locked PCM and they must be either unlocked or replaced before a tuner can be used. Thus my question, for those of you with 2015+ RAMS and an aftermarket exhaust, have you been able to do anything about the MDS issue?

IMG_3957.jpg

Magnaflow Exhaust 15363.JPG

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if I wanted to disable MDS i just downshift to 6th from the auto mode and it disables until I restart the vehicle. that being said, I put the magnaflow 22" muffler on this week and while i can hear a slight change in exhaust sound when MDS kicks in its not unpleasant. It sounds like you haven't installed your MF catback yet so you may be pleasantly surprised at the sound during MDS function.

unctucker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the same from magnaflow and have the bluetooth version of pedal commander installed on my 2015 Ram Limited.
I get many compliments and I could not be more happy with my decision.
As others have stated to disable the MDS set your system to 8th gear and your all set. Unfortunately you have to do this every time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
funny yesterday that another RAM right by me with a single exhaust pipe was turning around in front of me and clearlyi had an aftermarket exhaust. I think it was a bit louder than mine but I thought it sounded "uncivilized" if that makes any sense. Just a harsh louder than stock sound like a cheap flow through muffler. I love the tone of my Magnaflow. Its just a nice deep throaty sound that I find pleasant whether idling in the neighborhood or when I step on it on the highway. very pleased with my choice.

unctucker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like Buddy said.
Mild when just cruising around but when you step on that peddle....
d7e8960c33bf7b50555a486fcc466a41.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thankfully I knew what i wanted by way of my last motorbike when i went aftermarket on the dual exhaust. exactly the same experience desired!

mikes18ramsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the Magna flow 24” muffler and left the resonators on. It’s louder than stock, but subtle. With the 8 speed trans at 80mph, there is no drone and is quiet. With your foot in it though, it’s a night and day difference. As far as the MDS, if it bothers me with the motorboat sound, I just select a gear manually which turns it off.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
now that I know the MDS sound with aftermarket mufflers to hear it, it doesn't bother me at all. just a tad different. (using a 22" magnaflow muffler and everything else stock)

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the Flowmaster outlaw muffler on mine and everything else is stock. I get compliments all the time on the sound. My father has the magnaflow on his ram and it is not as load.

Sent using Tapatalk

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for choosing Magnaflow for your truck, Seadude! We'd love to see a sound clip of it in action once you get everything installed!

OP
OP
FlaSeadude

FlaSeadude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for choosing Magnaflow for your truck, Seadude! We'd love to see a sound clip of it in action once you get everything installed!

I installed the exhaust last week and absolutely love it! I also had Magnaflow exhausts on my 03 and 08 RAMs. The hardest part of the install was getting the old exhaust off. I had to cut off the clamps on the tailpipes because of corrosion. Sorry, no sound clips though as the truck stays in Florida, while I work in the DC area and only get to visit it on vacation...

RAM Exhaust Tips.jpg

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After much research and internal debate, I ordered a Magnaflow 15363 cat-back exhaust for my RAM. I considered a number of options, to include only changing out the muffler. But in the end wanted the 5" black tips to complete the "blacked-out" look of my RAM.

On a previous RAM, I installed a similar setup and then used a hand-held tuner to disable the MDS to deal with the horrible sound of the motor when it was running on only 4 cylinders. However, it's my understanding that the 2015+ models have a locked PCM and they must be either unlocked or replaced before a tuner can be used. Thus my question, for those of you with 2015+ RAMS and an aftermarket exhaust, have you been able to do anything about the MDS issue?

View attachment 169218

View attachment 169219
Man I need that front grill. Hopefully one day I will find one.