Magnaflow Y pipe clamp on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roofc86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I just ordered and have in my hands a new Magnaflow Y pipe however all the muffler shops here in Vegas want anywhere from $90-$110 to intall it. Anyone know a bolt on kit with clamps and new piping to do this myself? Anyone attempted this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Personally I would pay the money and have it welded on. That seems high priced, but it's the right way to do it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
If its the one im thinking its going to need to be welded and new entrance pipes made.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is what most shops wanted around me to do it as well.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i had one done for about $80, but that was a couple years ago so it doesn't sound to pricey

thewizard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Magnaflow Y pipe

I just ordered and have in my hands a new Magnaflow Y pipe however all the muffler shops here in Vegas want anywhere from $90-$110 to intall it. Anyone know a bolt on kit with clamps and new piping to do this myself? Anyone attempted this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Good evening:

Is the part number of your new y pipe 10778?

Have you got it installed yet?

If so, has it helped the performance?

I read somewhere on the net that installing this y pipe actually quieted the exhaust noise, even with a loud catback system. Something about exhaust scavenging being more balanced from the cylinder heads.

I got a new magnaflow catback system installed today, part number 16869 and she's pretty loud, too loud for my taste. So, I am thinking about getting this better y pipe installed and/or getting 2 new resonators put in.

Any comments, gentlemen? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS: By the way, I am new on here, and my name is Alex.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Alex welcome to rf, resonators might tone it down a little but not a whole lot

B-RadsBadRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If u install resonators you will mainly just notice and decrease in the noise level when the truck is in eco, it helps eliminate the drone from the cylinder shut-off.