Make it louder (:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently got the FlowMaster exhaust system onto my 15 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I like the aggressive sound I just want it louder and mean. Any suggestions?? Thanks :)

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a muffler delete on my truck and it sounds awesome!!

Nice an quiet cruising, no drone at all and just MEAN at WOT! Cold starts are gnarly too!

Welcome to the site too!

Txkenpo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
I recently got the FlowMaster exhaust system onto my 15 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I like the aggressive sound I just want it louder and mean. Any suggestions?? Thanks :)

Had a 17 Rebel with a Super 10 set up was pretty loud. Only way to go louder would be muffled delete with straight pipe. Then if wanted louder maybe headers

OP
OP
RAM907

RAM907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you!! I'm not disappointed spending a few hundred on the flowmaster. I thought it be much louder is all so possibly getting different exhaust tips would help make it mean and loud.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler on my 2016 Sport rcsb and it is loud. I gotta say, cold starts are ferocious! lol
Maybe try having the resonators deleted before doing anything else? That will make it louder as well.

dustbowl_dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Might also look at the spintech 9000 mufflers. They are ferociously aggressive but dont get as raspy at WOT as some other aggressive mufflers. Not to mention the price is very attractive. After having a spintech I dont think I'll ever go back to another brand of muffler. :33:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do. Appreciate it :)

Cutouts anybody? I mean if you want it really loud, that would do it. With the added benefit of going back to "quiet" mode anytime (back through the muffler). I've had them on my 66 Buick for about 15 years now and love them. Nasty loud out away from home, quiet mode when I get back in the neighborhood.

j517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CAI makes a big difference

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cutouts anybody? I mean if you want it really loud, that would do it. With the added benefit of going back to "quiet" mode anytime (back through the muffler). I've had them on my 66 Buick for about 15 years now and love them. Nasty loud out away from home, quiet mode when I get back in the neighborhood.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do mean by cutouts?

Txkenpo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
I will say I hated the MDS on the 5.7s with a super 10 I found myself always feathering the gas pedal to get out of 4 banger mode. It really made the exhaust sound like crap when MDS kicked in like downtown driving. Doing the shift up trick at start up is just a PITA and the hot gas mileage takes.

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Pypes Violator. I have one on my 2013 5.7 L Power Wagon. It's pretty sick.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you use a muffler kit or a full catback? If its a full catback do you still have the stock catback?

We can help you with some options that should be louder.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pardon my ignorance, but what do mean by cutouts?

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

Usually installed after the cat and before the muffler, a cutout is a y pipe where one pipe continues down to the muffler, while the y branches out to the cutout. The cutout consists of a door or flap that rotates open or closed (via switch in the cab) to allow the exhaust to dump out there (much louder) when the flap is open, or down to the muffler (much quieter) when the flap is closed.

My car is set off car alarms loud if I want it to be with the cutouts open, but goes back to much more normal and manageable rumble when I close them (my car has true dual exhaust so I have 2 cutouts, with a ram you'd only need 1).

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will say I hated the MDS on the 5.7s with a super 10 I found myself always feathering the gas pedal to get out of 4 banger mode. It really made the exhaust sound like crap when MDS kicked in like downtown driving. Doing the shift up trick at start up is just a PITA and the hot gas mileage takes.

Same, I disable the mds every time I drive other than if I'll be on the highway for a long time.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Here's what ARH long tube headers, no cats, true duals with only 14" mufflers, and x-pipe and longer than stock tips sounds like

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Deleted
Engine
Deleted

Install exhaust cutouts on a switch inside the truck. Open the exhaust when you want it loud and close it when you want it normal.

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

Usually installed after the cat and before the muffler, a cutout is a y pipe where one pipe continues down to the muffler, while the y branches out to the cutout. The cutout consists of a door or flap that rotates open or closed (via switch in the cab) to allow the exhaust to dump out there (much louder) when the flap is open, or down to the muffler (much quieter) when the flap is closed.

My car is set off car alarms loud if I want it to be with the cutouts open, but goes back to much more normal and manageable rumble when I close them (my car has true dual exhaust so I have 2 cutouts, with a ram you'd only need 1).
Thanks for explanation. Makes sense.

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read re
You're welcome, yeah they are pretty cool to have and certainly make a big difference.
Sorry OP if I'm hijacking your thread. I've read these cutouts start leaking or do not close all the way after awhile. Have you had any issues? In Michigan we salt in winter and are basically a swamp the rest of the year. I'm wondering how they'd hold up to salt and water. Constant replacement or greasing necessary?