Manifold Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCRam2017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First time poster, long time follower. My 2017 Ram has recently started to tick; big surprise, I know. Manifolds bolts failed. I'm looking for input about what options some people have done. Stock ? Is there benefits to aftermarket manifolds ? Should i make a leap to stainless steel. Truck is currently stock but I have plans for performance mods in the future.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'd like to hear about experience with Banks' manifolds.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
First time poster, long time follower. My 2017 Ram has recently started to tick; big surprise, I know. Manifolds bolts failed. I'm looking for input about what options some people have done. Stock ? Is there benefits to aftermarket manifolds ? Should i make a leap to stainless steel. Truck is currently stock but I have plans for performance mods in the future.
If you have plans to upgrade the performance down the road,dig out your big wallet and spring for a set of long tube headers,you'll eventually need then anyways if you're wanting to add horsepower to it

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would either do like @CamperMike said and sand them flat or have a machine shop sand them flat. New manifolds are just going to warp and break the bolts again. The newer Rams have a steel bar that goes on over the bolts to help spread the load of the warping manifolds which does work. However now the manifolds themselves are cracking. So the best way to prevent that from happening again is to machine your existing manifolds flat.

Shorties are an option to solve the broken bolt problem but from personal experience they also have a high rate of cracked welds. I have JBAs I pulled off that had a crack at the collector on each side. Ended up putting new OEM manifolds on and I'm going to get my old manifolds machined flat for when the new ones eventually warp and pop the bolts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca