Manually Raise Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPhilly21Fifth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My front passenger side window is stuck down. I noticed that the button on the driver's side is kind of....floppy? I think what happened is that the switch broke and was sending a constant up/down signal to the window burning out the motor. I can hear a solenoid or something engaging but it won't come up. I was wondering if there is a way to manually raise the window for the time being until I get it fixed.

Thanks

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If U think motor gone, You gonna have to pull door/panels apart to get to it to get it up, and You may have to jam something in there under the window to keep it up. But if You go that far, having replacement parts on hand be nice. But that is what U gonna have to do if U think motor fried and/or no way to get to work properly, IMHO,, Coupple of video's, but there are a lot of them.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That ...or the window regulator broke. Someone will have to put their eye inside the door and take a detailed look. It's not too difficult of a DIY proj. But if you aren't mechanically minded, might be a better job for a mechanic or a body shop (they do this kind of thing all the time).

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Remove the door switch, use plastic trim tool or plastic paint scraper, do NOT use metal, it will scratch the plastic

6 Philips screws around the door panel
6 little black screw holders, holding those screws in, don't not lose them, if they fall under the vehicle, you may never see them again, i laid an old towel on the ground to catch them.
1 large philips screw behind the door handle
gently remove the door panel & do NOT bend the locking rod.

Once the panel is Off
Plug the door switch back in & push buttons
There is a 5X5 inch rubber inspection cover to look through

1649045736588.png

Last edited:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Have you tried to raise it with the passenger switch? Not on the drivers side….. but on the physical door the window issue is at.

Just a thought :waytogo:

if it works, …….. it’s not the regulator.

if it doesn’t, as mentioned pulling the door panel off will be needed. Pretty easy to do.