Maxtrac Coil Springs Losing Height Because of Leverage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
It wasn't until I put my truck next to my uncle's lifted tundra that I started to suspect my lift wasn't as lifted anymore.

I had never took a measuring tape to it. Figured it is what it is.

Dirt king is looking mighty fine. :D:D
20200725_171453.jpg

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I'm not buying that much settling either.

Did you see street speed 717 stack like a foot of wheel spacers on his trx? His truck would be bottomed out by Maxtracs logic lol

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Yeah I'm not buying that much settling either.

Did you see street speed 717 stack like a foot of wheel spacers on his trx? His truck would be bottomed out by Maxtracs logic lol

I would love to play with TRX's with those guys.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
It wasn't until I put my truck next to my uncle's lifted tundra that I started to suspect my lift wasn't as lifted anymore.

I had never took a measuring tape to it. Figured it is what it is.

Dirt king is looking mighty fine. :D:D
View attachment 235305

Yeah I am going to probably just save up to do the coil over conversion by Dirt King now ... I can honestly say that the last 4 months my truck has dropped more from the front ... and it is really annoying me now ...

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Yeah I am going to probably just save up to do the coil over conversion by Dirt King now ... I can honestly say that the last 4 months my truck has dropped more from the front ... and it is really annoying me now ...

Don't stress...that dude that rolls down with the 10-12 inch bulletproof show suspension will show up just when you fix that suspension for that 1" back just to lifted higher than the rest.

37's with the regear draws enough attention. I often find people reading my tire size at lights. I mean most of the time my wheel/tire combo is as tall as the prius next to me.

I've driven a 17 tundra with the 6" bracket lift. I do like the procomp 6" coilovers in it but I'm still not satisfied. I thought coilovers alone would be enough but I guess my tastes are getting expensive.

After owning this Ram truck for 6 years I can say suspension mods will always be geared towards travel versus height. Since the DK lift doesn't cut the crossmember I think 4" of lift along with the rest of the will be more than enough. I just don't want blue king coilovers and to hell with pay $1xxx for red :mad::mad:

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Don't stress...that dude that rolls down with the 10-12 inch bulletproof show suspension will show up just when you fix that suspension for that 1" back just to lifted higher than the rest.

37's with the regear draws enough attention. I often find people reading my tire size at lights. I mean most of the time my wheel/tire combo is as tall as the prius next to me.

I've driven a 17 tundra with the 6" bracket lift. I do like the procomp 6" coilovers in it but I'm still not satisfied. I thought coilovers alone would be enough but I guess my tastes are getting expensive.

After owning this Ram truck for 6 years I can say suspension mods will always be geared towards travel versus height. Since the DK lift doesn't cut the crossmember I think 4" of lift along with the rest of the will be more than enough. I just don't want blue king coilovers and to hell with pay $1xxx for red :mad::mad:

Yeah no **** right ....

It just bugs me when companies that you are buying product from has poor customer service ....

I have recommended this company to everyone everywhere I go, here on the forums on Instagram out in the streets and to see that they can't honor a simple warranty issue like this ... what is $201 to them to see if an issue like this is not just their springs? And to come up with a ******** excuse that my wheel set up is causing this...then to hear all the offroad shops in the area and even CST say that it is complete ******** ****** me off ..

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Yeah no **** right ....

It just bugs me when companies that you are buying product from has poor customer service ....

I have recommended this company to everyone everywhere I go, here on the forums on Instagram out in the streets and to see that they can't honor a simple warranty issue like this ... what is $201 to them to see if an issue like this is not just their springs? And to come up with a ******** excuse that my wheel set up is causing this...then to hear all the offroad shops in the area and even CST say that it is complete ******** ****** me off ..

Give it time. They have a rep who reads these forums. I'm sure they'll come in. :cheers:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Old post, but very interesting and informative.

So whatever happened? Was there any resolve for you?

As you mentioned originally, I have never heard any bad feedback as well. Not sure how often this has come up as an issue with Maxtrac, but my thought it is that we would have heard it here by now also..I would hope, and think that regardless to the actual cause (in/out warranty constraints) that Maxtrac would issue replacement springs if anything for the fact that it's good customer service, a good gesture, and being a local company for you and the rest of us in So.Calf that reputation means something.

Certainly a "disclaimer" needs to be attached to the product if there is the possibility of their product not performing "if" wider wheels are used etc.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I'm also wondering what your measurements are from the wheel center hud up to the fender line for front vs rear.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Old post, but very interesting and informative.

So whatever happened? Was there any resolve for you?

As you mentioned originally, I have never heard any bad feedback as well. Not sure how often this has come up as an issue with Maxtrac, but my thought it is that we would have heard it here by now also..I would hope, and think that regardless to the actual cause (in/out warranty constraints) that Maxtrac would issue replacement springs if anything for the fact that it's good customer service, a good gesture, and being a local company for you and the rest of us in So.Calf that reputation means something.

Certainly a "disclaimer" needs to be attached to the product if there is the possibility of their product not performing "if" wider wheels are used etc.

No, no resolve what so ever .... Maxtrac's customer service and warranty claims are all ******** ... they post and promote big wheel tire set ups on their instagram all the time and not once mention that big wheel set ups like mine will void the warranty ..but it's all good .. to know that CST themselves said they are a bunch of lying turds was enough for me lol ... from what I know now, Maxtrac's springs are not made here in the USA, only their spindles from what I was told and that was form someone that actually works at their site in Anaheim ....

But other than the springs, everything else about the Maxtrac lift kit is fine ....

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
No, no resolve what so ever .... Maxtrac's customer service and warranty claims are all ******** ... they post and promote big wheel tire set ups on their instagram all the time and not once mention that big wheel set ups like mine will void the warranty ..but it's all good .. to know that CST themselves said they are a bunch of lying turds was enough for me lol ... from what I know now, Maxtrac's springs are not made here in the USA, only their spindles from what I was told and that was form someone that actually works at their site in Anaheim ....

But other than the springs, everything else about the Maxtrac lift kit is fine ....

Sorry to hear they left it hanging, so to say.

I know we've talked about a body lift, but actually started looking into going to a 7" lift. Seems the only real difference are the fact that taller springs are installed up front.

Wonder who might have similar or even better to accomplish the same thing.

I've been pleased with my Maxtrac set so far, but gotta be honest that a bit of concern does come into play with going further with their product line.

Thanks for sharing the unfortunate situation you had :waytogo:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Most companies don’t warranty parts used off-road.
Think about it, if they did you’d be a contracted sponsored driver.

What I gathered is your tires and wheels add an added length to the fulcrum of your suspension and perhaps some added unsprung weight.

Eibach in Corona has been around forever and I think they’ll make you custom springs for a price but they may have something in stock close to what you started with.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Go with CST they are out here in Moreno Valley .... what is your set up now ?
Set up now is Maxtrac 4.5/3.5. I did look into CST prior to pulling the trigger, but obviously went Maxtrac.

35x12.5 on Fuel 20x10's

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Set up now is Maxtrac 4.5/3.5. I did look into CST prior to pulling the trigger, but obviously went Maxtrac.

35x12.5 on Fuel 20x10's

You can still get the rest of the stuff from CST ... You will need the 2.5" coil springs up front and the coil spring and spacer for the back if I am not mistaken ...

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
You can still get the rest of the stuff from CST ... You will need the 2.5" coil springs up front and the coil spring and spacer for the back if I am not mistaken ...
I'll have to reach out to them and see what options might work then. I've already got the rear spring and spacer, so would just be the front springs :waytogo:

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I am trying to find some coilsprings for the front that are 3" instead of 2.5" or just adding a coil spring spacer and the zone UCAs to accommodate for any weird angles the coil spring spacer might add but I can't find 3" coil springs anywhere ....