MDS or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I don't think you need to mess with the lines at all maybe pull them out of the way a bit

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah but its a pita ass if you do they are aluminium lines that run across the engine bay I had access to a recovery machine so I was not working around them dang things took them loose at compressor and got them clear also a/c compressor mounts front to timing cover and rear to the block and mopar used stupid ass studs for both so to remove timing cover you will have to remove front stud bolt. oh and HD trucks does not use MDS
is it possible to do this and not drain the ac lines

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
also it's up to you but me I was not going that deep and not change everything I could so I done new timing set, oil pump, water pump, VVT sprocket, VVT valve had heads reworked with new valve springs and seals. And timing is no problem there is marks on both cam sprocket and crank NOTE timing marks does not set normal cam sprocket mark goes at 12 O clock and crank at 6 O clock position. NOTE if doing timing set replacement oil pan will need removed the oil Pickup tube bolt goes in vertically and bolt head is just below the oil pan seal line. Also timing do you timing set install just after cam is installed before you get lifters & top end done timing is much easier before you have the spring resistance of valve springs & lifters against cam. If i think of anything else that can aid you I will post it here Good Luck oh and time frame to do job look at 14-16 hrs me it took right around 15 cause I cleaned some parts and painted before reinstalling them

Charles Hadley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've just purchased 2011 ram 1500 laramie 5.7 hemi. Has either bad lifter or cam. I want to replace all. Anyone know where I can find the best kit. Cam, lifters head gasket set, timing chain and gears ect ect......??

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I've just purchased 2011 ram 1500 laramie 5.7 hemi. Has either bad lifter or cam. I want to replace all. Anyone know where I can find the best kit. Cam, lifters head gasket set, timing chain and gears ect ect......??
Texas speed makes kits. Some of the others approved vendors on here aren't shipping or taking orders so I won't bother mentioning them.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fortunately, got the heads off so have access to lifters. Valves look like ****. So do rockers and push rods. But lifters and cam are good.
Gave my heads to my mechanic to have them compression test and reworked.
He said he doesn't want to touch them unless I change my oil pump, and now is saying that he thinks rings are going bad.

I don't think the rings are bad. I've never had smoke come out of the exhaust