Measured Ny Tongue Weight For Fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
No special washers, no head tilt adjustments, no torqueing hitch head bolts, easy adjustments, true tongue weight measurement, no guessing....yeah, I really want to give this a try.

I've used Equal-I-Zers for years and they do a great job. All of OC455's points are the annoying things about the Equal-I-Zer but once dialed in keeping the head greased and the head bolts properly torqued is the only ongoing infrequent maintenance.

I have Weigh Safe's 180 Ball Mounts (no scale) on my trucks and they are excellent quality and heavy-duty. I expect their WDH would also be.

I also didn't know they made this WDH and for all the above reasons I would like to try it. The extended length from the truck is a plus for me for tight u-turns and reverse maneuvering. All that said, I agree with jejb that it doesn't look like a very robust sway control system and I too would like to hear more about that in actual use. The Equal-I-Zer has excellent sway control. A weak sway control would prevent me from trying the Weigh Safe WDH.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't look like a very robust sway control system. I'd wait for some feedback on that before I'd consider an option.
Very true and I would.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I've used Equal-I-Zers for years and they do a great job. All of OC455's points are the annoying things about the Equal-I-Zer but once dialed in keeping the head greased and the head bolts properly torqued is the only ongoing infrequent maintenance.

I have Weigh Safe's 180 Ball Mounts (no scale) on my trucks and they are excellent quality and heavy-duty. I expect their WDH would also be.

I also didn't know they made this WDH and for all the above reasons I would like to try it. The extended length from the truck is a plus for me for tight u-turns and reverse maneuvering. All that said, I agree with jejb that it doesn't look like a very robust sway control system and I too would like to hear more about that in actual use. The Equal-I-Zer has excellent sway control. A weak sway control would prevent me from trying the Weigh Safe WDH.
My TruTrack has a similar sway control setup, and I dont have an issue with the way it performs. That's why I like the way this looks.

Not bad mouthing other designs at all, from everything I've seen, reviews and read the Equal I Zer is top notch. I like my TruTrack too...it still performs well.

The hitch looks like it bumps you out a good 8 inches but I dont think that is too awful considering the amount of tension is being used on a WDH in the first place.

If I ever get money ahead, will be looking at this for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk