Mevotech vs Moog UCA? Coil spring question as well.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Victor Brill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everyone,

I know these are talked about all the time but wanted to make my own thread to compare two specific UCA's. I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with 137K on it and am planning on replacing a majority of the suspension parts including adding Bilsteins to level. I am looking at using mostly MOOG parts but I hear a lot of people talk about the Mevotech UCA's as the most popular replacement. It is strictly because it is a forged arm and the MOOG isn't? I was planning on going with the more expensive CK version of the MOOG UCA but was curious on what people thought of the two? Does anyone have an opinion on the comparison between their other suspension parts as well or are they going to be similar?

Here are the two UCA's I am looking at. I know Mevotech also has the TTX version but honestly don't love the green(even though that isn't a huge deal to most)

MEVOTECH CMS251058

MOOG CK620634

Has anyone been able to find affordable coil springs that would fit a 2011 Ram 1500? Appears they have discontinued the OEM ones and I am not really trying to spend too much on them. I have considered the Ranco quicklift shocks since they come with coil springs and all that but was pretty set on getting the Bilsteins since I have had them on a previous truck and they are obviously a favorite here. I don't drive that hard and rarely go off the pavement so was curious if coil springs need to be changed at 137K? Just figured while I was replacing a majority of the suspension parts, I didn't want to regret not doing the springs while I have it all torn apart.

Any help is appreciated.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello Everyone,

I know these are talked about all the time but wanted to make my own thread to compare two specific UCA's. I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with 137K on it and am planning on replacing a majority of the suspension parts including adding Bilsteins to level. I am looking at using mostly MOOG parts but I hear a lot of people talk about the Mevotech UCA's as the most popular replacement. It is strictly because it is a forged arm and the MOOG isn't? I was planning on going with the more expensive CK version of the MOOG UCA but was curious on what people thought of the two? Does anyone have an opinion on the comparison between their other suspension parts as well or are they going to be similar?

Here are the two UCA's I am looking at. I know Mevotech also has the TTX version but honestly don't love the green(even though that isn't a huge deal to most)

MEVOTECH CMS251058

MOOG CK620634

Has anyone been able to find affordable coil springs that would fit a 2011 Ram 1500? Appears they have discontinued the OEM ones and I am not really trying to spend too much on them. I have considered the Ranco quicklift shocks since they come with coil springs and all that but was pretty set on getting the Bilsteins since I have had them on a previous truck and they are obviously a favorite here. I don't drive that hard and rarely go off the pavement so was curious if coil springs need to be changed at 137K? Just figured while I was replacing a majority of the suspension parts, I didn't want to regret not doing the springs while I have it all torn apart.

Any help is appreciated.
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with the eibach pro truck kit that will do what the billsteins do and offer coil springs. I would pair them with zone UCA’s and never worry about it again

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly what I was going to recommend, do the Eibach pro kit. That will replace the coils and struts/shocks giving you a much better ride over stock on or off road. Then the Zone UCA's will be much stronger than stock, Mevotech, and MOOG. Zone is also angle correcting so your front suspension geometry will be where it needs to be to ensure everything lasts as long as it should and your ride comfort is not compromised!

Message me if you would like a quote.

OP
OP
V

Victor Brill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with the eibach pro truck kit that will do what the billsteins do and offer coil springs. I would pair them with zone UCA’s and never worry about it again

Appreciate that, I may check in with him, I did look at the eibach and know Zones are the best but it also adds $800-$1000 which could be used towards wheels and tires. Maybe if I wasn't replacing all my other suspension parts. Also, if I am being honest, not sure my truck deserves it lol.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TTX, Suspension Maxx and 6112s

-kGOCR&tn=r7skMo5aABLUiKrj&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg

8JSHRJ&tn=r7skMo5aABLUiKrj&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpgnc_ohc=Cawu4EApx8gAX-ypzqO&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg

OP
OP
V

Victor Brill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TTX, Suspension Maxx and 6112s

Nice, the TTX do seem like a good value and don't actually look too bad. I took a look at the 6112s and seem ideal coming with the spring but does double my cost on shocks to add the springs which I know shouldn't necessarily be a factor when it comes to your suspension but also trying to budget with future projects in mind.

OP
OP
V

Victor Brill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DILLIGAF did you buy new bolts for your control arms or did they come with them? I think I have one that is seized and was looking into buying all new bolts.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got grade 10s from Fastenal

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the Mevotech TTX UCAs on after installing 2 1/2" MotoFab spacers and having the balljoint start pushing out. No problems since and they were able to get it aligned. I also painted the UCAs with VHT epoxy suspension paint.

Last edited: