MGP red 'Mopar' caliper covers (Installed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve heard that the caliper covers have a tendency to rattle, which would make me nuts. Do they?

Anybody have a link or part #? OEM preferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Btw B B C,
Plans are afoot to put OEM flares on this thing this spring, color keyed to the Hydro Blue. Mopar make the same "mud flaps" to work in conjunction with the factory flares. Got all the parts and the paint ready to go. Just waiting for the weather window. Although the attached picture is not the same color and the truck is lowered, it does I think "show case" the flare (and other things?) to good effect.

T.

View attachment 158877
There's a truck in that picture? I had to go back and look!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve heard that the caliper covers have a tendency to rattle, which would make me nuts. Do they?

Absolutely no rattle on mine, but I also used some blue loctight on the threads before installing the covers.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If it's the part # for the MGP cover you are asking for I have the following to relate. Just dug up my purchase info. I went to Auto Anything for the covers: Copy and Paste of my order comfirmation info is below:

mgp_brake_caliper_covers_hero.gif

MGP Brake Caliper Covers

Front & Rear Set

2017 Dodge Ram

(1500, Sport)

Part #: 55001SMOPRD

At the time of purchase (Jan 31,2018) there was a bit of savings to be had. Shipping was free, list price $199.00 I got them with $19.00 off for a total of $179.10 (according to my order confirmation mail). You can order them with different lettering if you like. There are "canned" lettering options which they have ready to go, which keeps the price in check somewhat. Or, you can go totally custom lettering/graphics and custom colors which brings on the price increases and most likely a time delay to deliver. You may have to go direct to the MGP site to get a full custom build. I did that and saw prices pushing the$350.00 and up range...if you want your ball team or hockey tieam logo and colors, :puke:!

I just checked the Auto Anything site, and here's a link to the current cost: Note, they do not list a 2018 RAM part number, not that I found, but the 2017 parts fit, as you can see from my order info above. Here's the link: https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/mgp-brake-caliper-covers There is/was a "savings" button to click. Having done that you save $22.00 on the "now" listed price of $229.00 and free shipping. That gets you exactly same units I have in red/MOPAR finish.

I have never noticed a rattle of any kind since my install. Roads around here suck for the most part. This winter has played hell with them so it's pot holes deluxe. This summer will be interesting when the warmer weather hits and the asphalt starts to migrate. My street is a mess.

HTH,

T.

Last edited:

TA462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really liking the Hydro Blue myself. Funny...the local power producer (coal fired generating station, now shut down due to environmental concerns, even though it was one of the cleanest operation in Ontario) was called Ontario Hydro. When asked "What color blue is that?" and I say "Hydro Blue Metallic Pearl." , I get some weird looks , like "Is that a company truck?"

T.

I had a 2016 Jeep in Hydro Blue and really liked the colour. I went back and forth between getting my truck in that colour or red. I picked red but every time I see a Hydro Blue Ram I sometimes second guess myself, lol.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm considering a set of covers, either the MGP's or the Dormans... The open-ness of my new rims shows that ganky caliper all too well. Just not sure if I want Red or Black. Black would blend in nicely I think but us UGA boys like Red too :).

xt7y1WTh.jpg

ls.jpg

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I'm considering a set of covers, either the MGP's or the Dormans... The open-ness of my new rims shows that ganky caliper all too well. Just not sure if I want Red or Black. Black would blend in nicely I think but us UGA boys like Red too :).

xt7y1WTh.jpg

ls.jpg
Red and black is the perfect match,look good on that nice truck.

Bee1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport 4x4
Engine
345 Hemi

Zero issues with them - I take them off in the winter along with the tires and rims

Paid $129.99 free shipping about 5 years ago on sale

C318C7CC-642C-487A-B6A8-6D9ED9FC42C9.jpeg

489153C8-C607-4238-9E03-30071BFAD62E.jpeg

5896174D-48E7-4250-B0BE-11C944B1C6DC.jpeg