MGP red 'Mopar' caliper covers (Installed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
MAN, I wish I had color matched bumpers! :angry94:
Thats a fine truck right there.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s couple with the stock 20” wheels (winter wheels). The red covers work extremely well against “white” ground cover.

T.

044734AB-8B23-49A2-85DC-78DA5C11D76D.jpeg

B578E3FC-AF0E-47CD-93A5-81694EC96B2A.jpeg

BAB97D85-5389-49BE-8BC3-9881707088AC.jpeg

989210F2-0D4E-4610-8864-419411D80A44.jpeg

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
img_1081-jpg.156823

They were just like "stimpy433" before I painted them

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just got these babies installed. WAY over priced for what they actually do, but damn they look good!

Damn!! that is sick. Not sure on the price you paid, but well worth it I say. They especially look good with those rims.

7Aea9Hk.jpg

pPh4kiJ.jpg

hkbyJlN.jpg

7oJR3rm.jpg

olwjdKW.jpg

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What mud flaps do you have and do they keep the ice and snow from building up on the running boards. Thanks

These "Splash Guards" (as we say in the North, ha ha) are the OEM Mopar RAM units. I think they are a "no drill" item and bolt on at the inner fender locations. It was one of the things I had the dealer do before I picked in up in Jan of 2018. I'm not sure, but, they go on right over the top of the OEM "chip guards" (?) that come stock on the truck already. While shopping for the truck I noticed another RAM with the flaps and they were likewise installed over the small "chip guards" located at the rear lower locations on the fenders. I told the dealer "I want the splash gaurds put on just like those!" pointing at the other truck. They fit without issue as far as I can tell.

The flaps work pretty good (caution- subjective comement in coming) at keeping the ice off the running boards, but I still get crap collecting on the rear most running board mounting leg. At a guess, the crap bounces off the road after having been deflected by the front flaps..right onto that rear runner leg. I do like the way the running boards perform in a 'no ice" sense..as that it about the only place where ice and crap will collect. ?...may get a bit of stuff on the middle mounting leg to perhaps, but I remember the rear leg being the worst for it.

Really liking the Hydro Blue myself. Funny...the local power producer (coal fired generating station, now shut down due to environmental concerns, even though it was one of the cleanest operation in Ontario) was called Ontario Hydro. When asked "What color blue is that?" and I say "Hydro Blue Metallic Pearl." , I get some weird looks , like "Is that a company truck?"

T.

Last edited:

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Btw B B C,
Plans are afoot to put OEM flares on this thing this spring, color keyed to the Hydro Blue. Mopar make the same "mud flaps" to work in conjunction with the factory flares. Got all the parts and the paint ready to go. Just waiting for the weather window. Although the attached picture is not the same color and the truck is lowered, it does I think "show case" the flares (and other things?) to good effect.

T.

SlammedRAM2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Btw B B C,
Plans are afoot to put OEM flares on this thing this spring, color keyed to the Hydro Blue. Mopar make the same "mud flaps" to work in conjunction with the factory flares. Got all the parts and the paint ready to go. Just waiting for the weather window. Although the attached picture is not the same color and the truck is lowered, it does I think "show case" the flare (and other things?) to good effect.

T.

View attachment 158877

Truck? What Truck?...

tx8ueuv.gif