Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Latitude Tour HP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's time to get some new tires for my RAM 1500 Sport 2WD. I live in coastal NC so snow is not a factor. I don't haul anything and do not go off-road. I know that the Defenders are highly recommended on this forum but does anyone have experience with the Latitude Tour line? Any thoughts between the two lines for an on-road truck in an area with coastal rain storms as the worse weather?

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had the Michelin's before and liked them. This time I went with the Continental Cross Contact LX20's and have been more than pleased. Good tire and quite a bit cheaper.

I've never tried the Latitude Tour line. Good luck!

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All my replacements over the years after the stock are done have been LTX. This is on 4WDs and AWDs all high miles and medium to heavy offroad.
Never been disappointed. Always last longer than expected. Always replaced with the same.
So I really can't speak to other tires/brands.
I'm sold. Normally retire a vehicle at 400,000 km+ and that doesn't take too long.

swexlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been very pleased with my LTX that I installed in March. Great tire , rides well, handles well in the monsoon rains we've had lately and look good too!

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JMO but stick with the Defenders. Good tires. The Latitudes come stock on SRX SUVs and no one likes them. Poor wet traction, horrible snow traction and they wear out in 25,000 mi.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably too late, but the Latitudes are horrible in every way. I've had them as OE tires on 3 different vehicles. They are good for about a year. After that, traction is terrible in any inclement weather. On my Grand Cherokee, they were down to 5/32nds at 22k miles. They are really some of the worst tires I've driven on. On my Lincoln, they tramlined so bad, that the Lincoln thought I needed to pull over and sleep. Definitely go with LTX M/S if you must buy Michelins. I personally think you can get equal tires for much less money.

OP
OP
N

northman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks fellas. I pulled the trigger on a set of Defenders. Walmart had them online for $209.99. That was $30 less a tire than any other place.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You won't be disappointed in the Michelin Defenders at all. I put a set on my Ram this January at 27K to get rid of the pos badyear wrangler rsa. I have previous experience with Michelin tires on the Dodge Dakotas I use to have. Great traction / ride quality and long tread life

OP
OP
N

northman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just need to find a local tire place to have them installed at a decent price. Looking forward to getting them on the truck.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just need to find a local tire place to have them installed at a decent price. Looking forward to getting them on the truck.
Costco has been good for me for replacement Michelins and others. Really good follow up program. Worth a price comparison.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I am a Defender defender as well. Tried many other brands. The biggest problem I had on my 2500 was the vibration issue many folks write about. The tire shop said the Michelins balanced out the best with the least amount of weight required from other brands they see. I know i get the least amount of vibration issues with them and the tread wear is excellent.

craiggemt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 & 2020
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.4 Hemi
I run the Defender LTX tires on all my vehicles. 1500, 2500, 3500 and even the wife's Explorer Sport. Guess you could say I'm pleased with them. Get great mileage out of them. Prior to having a 2500 and 3500, I ran Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. Those handled AMAZING since they were softer tires but didn't get decent mileage out of them. They stop making the size I needed :(