Mirror mount off road light brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
just want to know what everyones thoughts would be on a mounting bracket that would allow you to mount lights and/or a cb antenna in front of your mirrors kinda like how jeeps have the mount on the windshield bracket

my thoughts are to have the bracket use the mounting studs of the mirror so that the light is not mounted to the mirror its self

ill try to get my idea on paper in the next few weeks
but untill then let me know what you think

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have thought about that but not really put it past that. You may be able to use the bracket inside the door with longer bolts and poke through the exterior and bracket that way.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Could use the same spot lights like the cops use and have one mounted on each side. I saw a Jeep yesterday with that setup for spotting other jeeps at night crawling.

OP
OP
D

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
the bracket would be just like the support brackets they sell to keep aftermarket tow mirrors form shaking but it would just have a flange on the bottom that would allow you to mount lights or what ever

i do a lot of one off metal work and bracket design at work and i know that i can send a design to a shop and have them make me a nice solid bracket

also its an option for a place to mount a light since these trucks seem to have a lack of places to mount them so if any one is really interested let me know cause if i know other people are interested it will give me the motivation to finish

also i do like the cop spot lights idea and i may go that route in the end
just a little scared to cut into the pillar of my truck as i know alot of other people are

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The issue I see is that the 'bolts' on the mirrors (edit) are studs. You can't really 'make them longer' to fit a 1/4" plate flange.
I think if you used much else, unless it was intricately beefed up, it would vibrate like a rotten pig *****.

I do like the idea.

(Edited post to remove tiredness and retardation)

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
The issue I see is that the 'bolts' on the headlights are studs. You can't really 'make them longer' to fit a 1/4" plate flange. I think if you used much else, unless it was intricately beefed up, wouldn't vibrate like a rotten pig *****.

I do like the idea.

??????????????
i understand your thought on the bolts
but 1/4" plate is way overkill its for mounting lights not a jack lift point
1/4" sheet metal its 3 Gauge im thinking that 10 GA or 11 GA would be thick enough thats right around 1/8" thick

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
??????????????
i understand your thought on the bolts
but 1/4" plate is way overkill its for mounting lights not a jack lift point
1/4" sheet metal its 3 Gauge im thinking that 10 GA or 11 GA would be thick enough thats right around 1/8" thick

I've made many light mounts before. The issue is the leverage / moment arm created by hanging a 6" light off a small plate. it takes a LOT to absorb that.

I absolutely will NOT tolerate 'bouncing' of my lights. Drives me CRAZY!

I'll have to see if my buddy can find the pictures of the light mounts we made for his FJ. (1/4 Plate) We had to reinforce the rad support, IT was flexing (not the mounts) haha!:superhack:

Reaction score
Ram Year
'01 Ram
Engine
i'm in for sure. every time i see a Jeep with them on, it makes me wish i had something similar on mine.

OP
OP
D

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
so after taking WhiteExpress's coments in to conciteration I have re thought my design and have come up with one that should not shake .
the design will require some trimming on the angled and bottom side of the mirror
im working on a sketch of it right now add will try to add it up some time soon

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I want them once you've got it designed so I can't wait!

OP
OP
D

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
OK well i have a great design in my head but i am embarrassed to say that i cant get it out of my head and into a 3d model on auto cad. i used to be an absolute wiz at 3d in auto cad but have been spoiled and ruined by today's awesome 3d molding programs trying to talk my boss into buying a seat of inventor had the trial of it and loved it

but i will continue working on this in my spare time