Missing Lift Kit Parts - 4" Lift Kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Rasworld84 Yes. We had the tires checked and they were bad. The factory sent me replacements. I have issues with the track rod ends and got replacements for those from BDS.
What kind of lift do you have?
I have a 4 inch rough country lift. It feels like its coming from right under the seat. I can look in my side mirrors and see the bed shaking at 70mph. The faster i go the worst the vibration.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 4 inch rough country lift. It feels like its coming from right under the seat. I can look in my side mirrors and see the bed shaking at 70mph. The faster i go the worst the vibration.
I'm assuming that the truck is OK at slow speeds. Because that is way my truck is / was.
I forgot to mention one thing on my vibration issues. The part that extends the rear panhard track bar was put in the wrong position. The vibration was not caused by tires alone.
I would ask you to check all the items of the lift kit - anything that isn't stock and then go from there. Make sure that everything was installed the way Rough Country intended. It could be an item that wasn't installed correctly.
I'm sorry to say that I gave my mechanic a bit too much credit when I handed the task of installing the kit over to him. He IS a good experienced mechanic, but this was his first lift install. Sure he followed the videos and the manual, but there are always tiny details aren't mentioned or shown in videos and these things can get overlooked.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unbolt the front driveshaft and go for a rip to see if the vibration goes away.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got two original inner track rod arms and two new BDS track rod ends. Had them changed and it seems even though they arms were trimmed to spec according to BDS installation guide, the guys who are doing the alignment are saying the ends touch brake discs, when on full lock on both sides.
What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still having knocking sounds coming from the suspension whenever I go over a pump or turn the wheel on full lock. It sounds like CVs or axles are having issues. They shouldn't be because the 4" lift comes with a proper diff-drop kit. Unless there was a subtle step with the front diff that we missed. Not sure what is happening.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to raise an old thread.
Those who have 4" lifts on their 4th Gen Trucks, could you tell me what is the length of the rear shocks (fully extended)?
I need to replace my shocks in the rear and need to replace them.

Also, I have pictures of the truck currently with the lift.

image2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpegimage3.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine