Missing Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
The page shown below from my 2020 RAM 3500 Quick Reference Guide states that I should find 4 TTPMS sensors somewhere in my truck. I've gone through every place I can think to look and am not finding them. Has anyone else recently bought a truck with TTPMS capabilities? Did you find your sensors? Where?

@RamCares
TPMS Discussion.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm guessing you looked in the storage compartments under the rear floor mats?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'd look at your window sticker to verify that you have that option. The booklets that come with these trucks are generic

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check your build sheet. Your truck may not have come equipped with the TTPMS system.

OP
OP
Steve Karolek

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
Check your build sheet. Your truck may not have come equipped with the TTPMS system.
Max towing package should include. Dealer showed me where on the uconnect screen to manage and monitor them for up to 12 tires on each of 4 separate trailers. I think I have the option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The page shown below from my 2020 RAM 3500 Quick Reference Guide states that I should find 4 TTPMS sensors somewhere in my truck. I've gone through every place I can think to look and am not finding them. Has anyone else recently bought a truck with TTPMS capabilities? Did you find your sensors? Where?

@RamCares
View attachment 197068

Hey Steve,

Would you mind sending me your VIN via DM so I can look into this further for you? Thank you in advance!

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
Steve Karolek

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
RamCares reply:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. Regarding the TTPMS - unfortunately, our team experienced numerous engineering delays on this feature. With that, I am unfortunately unable to advise regarding when this feature will become available for the 2020MY or if this feature will be able to be retrofitted. I do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Mark
RamCares

So, it looks like no TTPMS now or maybe ever :(

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
RamCares reply:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. Regarding the TTPMS - unfortunately, our team experienced numerous engineering delays on this feature. With that, I am unfortunately unable to advise regarding when this feature will become available for the 2020MY or if this feature will be able to be retrofitted. I do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Mark
RamCares

So, it looks like no TTPMS now or maybe ever :(

Then they should remove this from their literature and web site!

Airstream

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO Turbo Diesel
I have also run into the same issue. I have a 2020 Ram 3500 Limited with every options available. Prior to placing my order, I logged onto RAMTRUCKS.com website and downloaded the 2020 Ram Owners Manual. I read on page 167 in the safety section that I would be receiving 4 sensors, no note indicating (if equipped). Base on what was written in the owners manual and using the dealer's code guide book last updated (11/27/2019), I order my new vehicle based on the guide book and there was no listed for Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System as an option. Guess should not assume! Upon delivery I too did not receive the 4 sensors as indicated in the owners manual. One option, however, I ordered was the Aux Switches and received additional wire package that had installation instructions. I went onto RAMTRUCK.com/commercial site and found detail information on TTPMS. It seems that when you spec your vehicle their is a sales code of XG9 that needs to be ordered with your truck. My concern is that the owners manual did not specified that an additional option (sale code XG9) was need in order have this function. Received and email today from RAM Customer Care that basically said needed to order XG9 sales code to get this function, and that their is no Mopar Accessory that could be added. I went in to the RAMTRUCK.com site and build my 2020 truck again. After looking at all the options it did show any upgrade/options for TTPMS. If it's not shown as an option in either the dealer's guide book or website, how as consumers will we know what the sale code would be for this function. Based on the above remarks from Mark at RamCares this has been a ongoing issue and yet not resolution. I have high hopes that FCA will find a way to resolve this issue.

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
There is a thread on this over at hdrams forum. Seems there are part numbers for the tire sensors, some wiring and the trailer camera. Also later trucks have the chassis wiring but folks are still waiting on a module to ship receives the signals from the tire sensors to make the whole system work. Probably will need some activation in the BCM or other modules. Not sure if this is in Alpha yet or something Alexy can add.

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer.232/

I have a 2016 so little chance of this for me without significant work. I tried 4 different add-on systems from Amazon. For $150 this one works great and comes with a repeater that worked well for my trailer. The temperature is off because these are screwed to the valve stem so they can't really measure internal tire temperature. However, *** Lussac's Law let's me infer a rise in temperature by observing the rise in pressure. I look for an evenness in pressure between tires and a gradual rise then leveling off of pressure. A quick rise or uneven pressure means something is causing the tire to heat up. A slow pressure loss means a leak and a rapid pressure loss means a blowout. These seem to update the pressure every 2 - 3 seconds.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z7YQRSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Did you ask the dealer?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye