Mopar premium fabric folding tonneau...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see fabric and think high maintenance. Water spots, mud, dust sun fade.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TerryH

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
I see fabric and think high maintenance. Water spots, mud, dust sun fade.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I have some experience with this fabric. Actually pretty low maintenance. My concern is the cover itself. It's about half price of most trifolds. Seems odd for a factory accessory.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anybody have one? Can't seem to find much info on it.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82211274af.html

Yup they were commonly factory or dealer installed about the years 14 and 15,my truck had one factory installed along with a factory spray in box liner. It even lists it and the spray in liner on my window sticker.I'm in Canada if the price seems high,us Canucks get ***** on prices,lol.

IMG_4049 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not a great pic,but i don't really have many that show the cover very well

DSCN0532.JPG

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like a soft cover. If that's the case then it's more expensive than other soft trifolds. I like my roll up better. I get to use my full bed without taking it off or blocking the back window but to each his own.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Anybody have one? Can't seem to find much info on it.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82211274af.html

The 14-15 Mopar ones were built by fold-a-cover as I had one on my 14, they were a marine type vinyl and a pretty decent cover.

This one says hartzcloth which is a more fabric looking material. My 14 was a trifold and this one only lifts in 2 sections.

You'll eventually find the 2 section folding to be a nuisance. If you want an inexpensive fabric cover that works well get a Tonno Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Tonno-Pro-42...--18229-4255--1---8&vehicleName=2019+Ram+1500

Tonno Pro also make a fabric cover trifold with aluminum sheet under the fabric for a couple bills more.

For me the best cover is the Undercover Armor one I have as it has three folding sections and a short forth section that is only a few inches long to let the cover fold up behind the bed and leave the bed almost totally open. Worked this weekend when my wife bought a chair at an auction and it took up the whole bed to move and I didn't need to remove the cover.

There are other brands that do the same thing.

The piece of advice I will give is figure out what you need the cover for and get exactly what you need the first time.

The prices can range to $1000 or so buy it's a one time event and the wrong one will cost more when you replace it in a few months.

OP
OP
TerryH

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
The 14-15 Mopar ones were built by fold-a-cover as I had one on my 14, they were a marine type vinyl and a pretty decent cover.

This one says hartzcloth which is a more fabric looking material. My 14 was a trifold and this one only lifts in 2 sections.

You'll eventually find the 2 section folding to be a nuisance. If you want an inexpensive fabric cover that works well get a Tonno Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Tonno-Pro-42...--18229-4255--1---8&vehicleName=2019+Ram+1500

Tonno Pro also make a fabric cover trifold with aluminum sheet under the fabric for a couple bills more.

For me the best cover is the Undercover Armor one I have as it has three folding sections and a short forth section that is only a few inches long to let the cover fold up behind the bed and leave the bed almost totally open. Worked this weekend when my wife bought a chair at an auction and it took up the whole bed to move and I didn't need to remove the cover.

The piece of advice I will give is figure out what you need the cover for and get exactly what you need the first time.

The prices can range to $1000 or so buy it's a one time event and the wrong one will cost more when you replace it in a few months.

Thanks. The Tonno Pro looks like a good option. I'm just looking for something cheap for now but wanted a folding cover.

OP
OP
TerryH

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
It looks like a soft cover. If that's the case then it's more expensive than other soft trifolds. I like my roll up better. I get to use my full bed without taking it off or blocking the back window but to each his own.

The dually is a tow only sort of deal for us so no issue with needing the full 8' bed. Just want to keep our stuff out of the rain when we are travelling with the toy hauler in tow.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dually is a tow only sort of deal for us so no issue with needing the full 8' bed. Just want to keep our stuff out of the rain when we are travelling with the toy hauler in tow.
That's the main reason I got mine. Out of site, out of mind and dry while camping.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

The one he has pictured sure looks identical to the one on my truck,unless they haven't updated the picture. I will agree mine is more of a vinyl type material though.