More warning lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So does this imply that the Snap isn't as snappy as it should be with the 2021? Sounds like the setting isn't propagating to all required fields?

With AEV being an approved Ram vendor I would think they would cover all of this cost?

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think dealers have been able to change tire sizes on 19 and up rams. they can on jeep gladiators but not rams.

even well before 2019 im not sure they were able to or maybe just unwilling for liability reasons. its been very long time since i heard anyone getting tmps changed by dealer. sounds like classic case of dealer thinking they knew what they were doing but didnt and now they messed up the truck

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So does this imply that the Snap isn't as snappy as it should be with the 2021? Sounds like the setting isn't propagating to all required fields?

With AEV being an approved Ram vendor I would think they would cover all of this cost?
sounds like the issue was the ram tech trying to put a sales code in his ram that is not supposed to be there. They can put it a jt jeep but not a ram and my guess is that is the issue not the snap. just a guess tho..

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I don’t know who or what to blame this on but it sounds like they know what the problem is now just need to get the 35” tire setting removed

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
sounds like the issue was the ram tech trying to put a sales code in his ram that is not supposed to be there. They can put it a jt jeep but not a ram and my guess is that is the issue not the snap. just a guess tho..

yep I believe that is correct he called it a sales code which is suppose to change the tire size so the speedometer will recalibrate. They were doing nothing with the tpms system I wanted to use the Snap for that but it didn’t work

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

It sounds like they think it is suppose to work on a Ram and even talking to an engineer in Detroit wouldn’t it come up in conversation if it was totally not compatible with Ram? I don’t know and maybe you are totally correct but I don’t want to stand there and tell them “I read on the internet that this only works on Jeep not Ram”

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
quit kidding yourself. they dont know what theyre doing or they wouldnt be making 20phone calls grasping at straws and the truck wouldnt be effed up

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
quit kidding yourself. they dont know what theyre doing or they wouldnt be making 20phone calls grasping at straws and the truck wouldnt be effed up

Ha, at this point if they give me my old truck and $46k check back I would move on

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
should of asked here before doing anything. ive heard the dealers arent able to change the tmps. now the truck is probly screwed up

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
should of asked here before doing anything. ive heard the dealers arent able to change the tmps. now the truck is probly screwed up

They were only changing for the speedometer to compensate for the 35” tires. Dealer told me outright they cannot change tpms

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually feel the opposite. Having started my wrenching days on 20R engines with adjustable valves, carburetor, distributor, points, and an emissions system vacuum hose nightmare I gotta say that current day wrenching is greatly simplified by the electronics. In most cases it's a matter of pulling a code and replacing a part. The time spent searching for the problem is greatly reduced.

Similarly, I'm very grateful for things like ABS, stability control, collision avoidance, traction control,, and improved emissions. While I don't dispute the pleasure of occasionally driving an old-school analog automobile, for the majority of my uses I'm very happy to have the electronic comfort and assistance. Save my bacon more than once to be sure.

IMO, the downside isn't the electronics, it's the turnover and lack of training and experience of the people in the mechanical bays. There are often a dozen oil changers for every true mechanic. As Deming said, 'Every system is perfectly designed to get the results it gets'. In this case, the shop repair system is designed to allow a new mechanic to quickly repair a vehicle with the absolute minimum cost in training and shop time. This doesn't always play well when things get more complicated than what the computer says. And there aren't enough experienced mechanics in the shop to diagnose problems that live a layer below the surface diagnosis. But then we're also not willing to pay the shop rate that would encourage career employees to stay. Same as complaining about the pitch of airline seats when we show almost zero preference when booking. And so we're left with a system that solves the easy problems efficiently but allows the more complex to linger until there becomes sufficient motivation to really understand what's going on.

they can install as much electric **** as they want for all i care. my problem is the force placed nannies. theres probly a million instances but you may remember that dummy who sent his new pw in a mudhole and must of hit some boulders which broke the plastic trans pan and dented the aluminum driveshaft. of course it was only fitting he make a thread complaining. thats the type of people buying these trucks and why i had to pay $450 just so i can use my lockers in 4hi

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they can install as much electric **** as they want for all i care. my problem is the force placed nannies. theres probly a million instances but you may remember that dummy who sent his new pw in a mudhole and must of hit some boulders which broke the plastic trans pan and dented the aluminum driveshaft. of course it was only fitting he make a thread complaining. thats the type of people buying these trucks and why i had to pay $450 just so i can use my lockers in 4hi
Jerry you really are a ray of sunshine aren’t you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post of yours that’s not ******** about something or basically calling other members morons. You seem like a knowledgeable mechanical guy who can offer some sound insight and advice if you didn’t come across as such a miserable ****. Why bother logging in here if all it does is **** you off?

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Jerry you really are a ray of sunshine aren’t you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post of yours that’s not ******** about something or basically calling other members morons. You seem like a knowledgeable mechanical guy who can offer some sound insight and advice if you didn’t come across as such a miserable ****. Why bother logging in here if all it does is **** you off?

I am new here but I figured at least he is transparent with his screen name haha

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Bahahahahahabababhaha

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.

Holy balls I'm literally laughing my ass off here bahahahaha

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does your dealership have the full diagnostic software/hardware suite to support you truck specifically(software upgrade)? The product support software may not always preceed product delivery. Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the current news is that the 2021 BCM module has proven to be incompatible with the software that can be used to change calibration for tire size. Supposedly engineers in Detroit have worked this out and are doing their own testing and also running test on my truck. Should have it back tomorrow. Unluckily for me is sounds like I am the first 2021 to change tires and ask the dealer to recalibrate for this compatibility issue to come up

I am hopefully but it sounds like the guys have been working hard to get this solved for me