Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you guys think? I’m still not sure about the output 71f1970c9d38835746f430b9da9c3b2f.jpg39c755f43bd1c4bd0176bcd098d5fd8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Output is better than stock but there is no substitution for HID projectors so if your looking for more output then style return them and get some retro fitted lights but for the output and style I haven’t found better looking

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that looks great to be honest. It sure as hell blows away my quads. I can’t wait to get mine installed.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody else get a shipping notice on Wednesday but tracking still shows the label has been created but no movement?

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody else get a shipping notice on Wednesday but tracking still shows the label has been created but no movement?

Yes! “Your package is on its way to a USPS facility” Was wondering what was up with this as well. Although I’ve had this happen with USPS before- ended up getting the package before any updates in the system.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was shipped with FedEx and it always updates immediately. Seems like they haven't actually shipped them out yet then

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
What do you guys think? I’m still not sure about the output 71f1970c9d38835746f430b9da9c3b2f.jpg39c755f43bd1c4bd0176bcd098d5fd8f.jpg

I dont understand why the driver side angles up so much like that. Mine does the same

jmc0806

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
unless they're doing overnight shipping, I don't see my estimated delivery of 5/21 happening, since its still only had the label made and nothing since with FedEx...

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting that some are shipped USPS and others FedEx...were you getting anything else with your order or just the headlights?

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have some pics of the wiring? TRS is giving me a hard time with the return and I just want
To compare everything to ensure they can’t claim I did something wrong..

jmc0806

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting that some are shipped USPS and others FedEx...were you getting anything else with your order or just the headlights?

just the headlights, but I ordered from RetroShop and morimoto is fulfilling directly, so maybe it depends on the vendor it was purchased from?

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just the headlights, but I ordered from RetroShop and morimoto is fulfilling directly, so maybe it depends on the vendor it was purchased from?

I also ordered through retroshop— hopefully tracking info will be updated soon

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have some pics of the wiring? TRS is giving me a hard time with the return and I just want
To compare everything to ensure they can’t claim I did something wrong..

What are you needing pics of

8E4D7DF0-F849-4DB2-89C9-A7F05F4644FC.jpeg

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well this is a crock of sh*t came home and noticed I have lense burn and was told they would not warranty it since light output is not effected. Many people have not heard of this but it can happen to anyone anywhere any temperature! It’s when the sun hits the lense just right to create a magnifying glass effect. That’s why a lot of manufacturers set their lenses back a bit. Ram had this issue on the first blacked out projectors the chrome bezel around the lights use to be black but after this same issue happened they went with chrome since it acts like a mirror to deflect the light.

77B64208-EED6-4E9C-92A7-6147DCB61BE2.jpeg

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well this is a crock of sh*t came home and noticed I have lense burn and was told they would not warranty it since light output is not effected. Many people have not heard of this but it can happen to anyone anywhere any temperature! It’s when the sun hits the lense just right to create a magnifying glass effect. That’s why a lot of manufacturers set their lenses back a bit. Ram had this issue on the first blacked out projectors the chrome bezel around the lights use to be black but after this same issue happened they went with chrome since it acts like a mirror to deflect the light.

View attachment 166898

If there is a flaw in the design that is affecting the product negatively, they have to stand behind it.... I mean part of the appeal of the lights were the look, if the looks starts to flaw like they are 'melting', I would say thats a flaw. Summer is coming now, if this becomes the norm for all the lights out there now, thats serious. They need to address this NOW!!!!!!!

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 166898

Who told you this? A dealer or Morimoto?

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
**** it, I’m returning mine.

Not worth the risk. Too many issues already, TRS giving me the run around saying the light isn’t installed properly and now this? Hard pass for $1350