Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I just sent them pics of my drl that im using for fogs. Literally 5 mins and email of led that failed. Got information and tracking for my replacements no hassel.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4f76f2a80ce122bac03cfbf21894ac30.jpg

Ok then. [emoji2361]

I emailed them back to no answer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In his defense I had to read it twice before I realized you still had an issue. I’m sure he’s buzzing through all the emails he has to respond to. I’d try and send him another email. Bug him a little bit.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In his defense I had to read it twice before I realized you still had an issue. I’m sure he’s buzzing through all the emails he has to respond to. I’d try and send him another email. Bug him a little bit.

I hear ya. But, I mean, he responded to an email with 4 screenshots pointing out the issues lol

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya. But, I mean, he responded to an email with 4 screenshots pointing out the issues lol

Probably didn’t keep scrolling after that first paragraph. Definitely annoying I feel ya.

Rkoehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey guys first time poster here, and I just installed these headlights last night. I’m having a very weird issue. The Morimoto instructions online say that the up/down adjustment is on the top gear accessible by the hole in the top fender well. I turned this gear countless times and it did nothing on either headlight. So I went to the bottom gear accessible through the trap door directly above the tire and this adjustment actually did the height! So I have the height correct at 25 feet away but I can’t get any lateral adjustment. Anyone have this issue? Also, how far apart horizontally are you guys are setting the “steps” of the cutoff lined away from each other? I think mine are too close at 43”. The projectors are about 5 feet away from each other in the truck so I’m thinking that’s how far apart they should be at 25 feet away but maybe I’m wrong? Thanks!
Ryan

Rkoehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Oh, one more question... the projectors seemed to be a little loose as in when I turn the housing upside down I can hear them move a little bit. Prob no more than 1/8” max. Is this normal? They seem to be tighter after they were installed and adjusted a little, so while they are on the truck I lightly hit the housing with my fist and they don’t vibrate and I can’t see any visible movement of the beam while driving so maybe adjusting them tightened them up?

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you who have to take a photo of the serial number. You do not have to remove the housings to get it. Pop the hood and slide your cellphone in behind the housing while recording with the flash on. Then screenshot the video when you have the serial number clearly in the frame. I was trying to figure out a way to get the serial number easily and wanted a photo of it in case I ended up needing it. This was my result. f52cfcb99431fb48fbfbaf8fbc7fcb00.jpg

NightReaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone that has had warranty replacements sent - did you receive replacements for both or just one side?

IBAR72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hello Ram Country, So after reading all the comments, complaints and positive reviews. I broke down and bought my set of XB with fog Lights plus I'm putting the rough country black edition 20" led lightbar with the amber DLR. The reason why I'm going with the amber DLR in the lightbar is because I really do like the look of the amber lights OEM marker lights... I like to thank all for working out the bugs, so this should be painless ;}
will send before and after pics when all done. One more thing, if you haven't done the running lights in your tow mirrors.... do it. they look awesome. I bought the wire harness from boostautoparts.com

Last edited:

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Ram Country, So after reading all the comments, complaints and positive reviews. I broke down and bought my set of XB with fog Lights plus I'm putting the rough country black edition 20" led lightbar with the amber DLR. The reason why I'm going with the amber DLR in the lightbar is because I really do like the look of the amber lights OEM marker lights... I like to thank all for working out the bugs, so this should be painless ;}
will send before and after pics when all done. One more thing, if you haven't done the running lights in your tow mirrors.... do it. they look awesome. I bought the wire harness from boostautoparts.com

How do you mount them light bars? Does it bolt up to the plastic insert on the bumper? I was thinking of getting the 30 inch curved black series but I’m not too clear on how to mount them.

Rkoehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Anyone have any info on my questions about how far apart your cutoff steps are from each other, and the weird issue I had about the adjustment gears being backwards from the instructions? Did I do something wrong to get no responses? Read the entire thread and still didn’t find anything. Instructions do say they should be as far apart 25 feet away as they are on the truck, but mine aren’t and just wanted to see how far everyone else’s we’re. Thanks!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone have any info on my questions about how far apart your cutoff steps are from each other, and the weird issue I had about the adjustment gears being backwards from the instructions? Did I do something wrong to get no responses? Read the entire thread and still didn’t find anything. Instructions do say they should be as far apart 25 feet away as they are on the truck, but mine aren’t and just wanted to see how far everyone else’s we’re. Thanks!
You kind of answered your question in the last sentence. The cutoff steps should be the exact same distance apart as the distance from center of driver side low beam projector to center of passenger side low beam projector on the truck. This will make them parallel with each other and will be the same distance apart no matter how far away you are from something.

Rkoehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks Jimmy, I wish I could get them like that but my lateral adjustment screws do nothing. Need to decide if it bothers me enough to try and get a new set under warranty

IBAR72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
How do you mount them light bars? Does it bolt up to the plastic insert on the bumper? I was thinking of getting the 30 inch curved black series but I’m not too clear on how to mount them.

As for the 20" light bar for the 2500 the plastic grill between the tow hooks must be removed and RC sells mounting brackets that mount with the tow hooks. Yes I would rather have the 30" curved but apparently you have to do some cutting/modifications on the tow hooks and I'm not going to start cutting up my ram just for some lights.

IBAR72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Can anyone explain more about the Xb headlights and this Alpha OBD and setting up the lights to run a signal DLR. When I read the installation instructions its said to tap into the fuse box. I kind of would like to be able to turn off the DRL if needed.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can anyone explain more about the Xb headlights and this Alpha OBD and setting up the lights to run a signal DLR. When I read the installation instructions its said to tap into the fuse box. I kind of would like to be able to turn off the DRL if needed.
First off, did your truck come from the factory with projector headlights?