Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well sad to say but my brand new 2 week old Morimoto XB LEDs are already melting. Before I bought them I emailed TRS and they said this issue was fixed. Apparently it is not. Can’t believe it has only been on for 2 weeks. I emailed them. I hope they make it right.

View attachment 189670

Sorry you got burned
Welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What...EXACTLY....was the fix?

From what I understand the melting happens when the projector isn’t aligned properly. Mine are going on a year old now and I’m not having any melting issues. Hope it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I understand the melting happens when the projector isn’t aligned properly. Mine are going on a year old now and I’m not having any melting issues. Hope it stays that way.

LOL ....is that the excuse?
Blame it on the user?
Never ceases to amaze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL ....is that the excuse?
Blame it on the user?
Never ceases to amaze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How can the user in any way align the projector without opening the lenses? You need to calm your **** princess. It’s a manufacturer flaw. Good god.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was the email I received about the fix. So far my replacements are holding up.

We notified the factory about the complaints of this issue and together quickly organized an update to the shroud that surrounds the projector so that it has a longer “eye lid” over the lens. This should prevent sunlight from hitting the top of the lens & then reflecting out and onto the trim below so the same thing doesn’t happen again.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
This was the email I received about the fix. So far my replacements are holding up.

We notified the factory about the complaints of this issue and together quickly organized an update to the shroud that surrounds the projector so that it has a longer “eye lid” over the lens. This should prevent sunlight from hitting the top of the lens & then reflecting out and onto the trim below so the same thing doesn’t happen again.

Maybe that's why the alpharex "knock-offs" are holding up so well. They fixed morimoto/TRS issue before they started selling them.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

briansk12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

Do you happen to have a picture of your lights that show the "eye lid" I would like to compare with mine.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can the user in any way align the projector without opening the lenses? You need to calm your **** princess. It’s a manufacturer flaw. Good god.

Yes, oh mighty empress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not exactly.

The melting happens because of the design flaws. It’s not due to being manufactured incorrectly.

briansk12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Got a reply back from TRS. Not sure how to read into this but it kind of feels like you get what you get and we might fix it or might not. My question is why are they still selling these. They better make this right.

So it is confirmed now that they DON’T have a fix and they have no problem lying that it is fixed to potential new buyers. I am losing faith that TRS is a reputable company.

“We are currently working on producing an updated unit that will prevent the burning from happening again. Until we have those new improved units in hand, there's not much we can do here.

I'll go ahead and take down your info so that we can reach out to facilitate that exchange once we have those parts available.

Travis @ Support”

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a reply back from TRS. Not sure how to read into this but it kind of feels like you get what you get and we might fix it or might not. My question is why are they still selling these. They better make this right.

So it is confirmed now that they DON’T have a fix and they have no problem lying that it is fixed to potential new buyers. I am losing faith that TRS is a reputable company.

“We are currently working on producing an updated unit that will prevent the burning from happening again. Until we have those new improved units in hand, there's not much we can do here.

I'll go ahead and take down your info so that we can reach out to facilitate that exchange once we have those parts available.

Travis @ Support”

Weird, they want me to deposit $1000 or whatever to send mine in to get the new ”fixed” lights.

briansk12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
This is why I am questioning this company. Considering just returning these lights. Sucks because they look good and I have no issues with function but I don’t want melting lights and having to deal with a company that doesn’t give a crap about the customer.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like Austin@support told you whatever you needed to hear to make a sale. Now your caught up in the endless whirlpool of return and retry like others.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I love these lights, but this whole thread has now ruined my enthusiasm. Thanks :p

So is everyone experiencing this? Or just a few of you?

83290506_1059406217785135_4212498877330227200_o.jpg

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Lol its weird cause I've had no issues. The occasional screw needing to be replaced that mounts them is about it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of mine the parking light would flicker for awhile then stay steady.... now it wont turn on at all. They wanted a 500 deposit to ship a new one until I returned the old one. Said that wasnt possible... they said to return the old one and once they process it they would send a new one eta 2 weeks.. that also wouldnt work. Eventually got them to just ship the new one and I could send back the old. Had to take some videos but... saves a 500dollar deposit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of mine the parking light would flicker for awhile then stay steady.... now it wont turn on at all. They wanted a 500 deposit to ship a new one until I returned the old one. Said that wasnt possible... they said to return the old one and once they process it they would send a new one eta 2 weeks.. that also wouldnt work. Eventually got them to just ship the new one and I could send back the old. Had to take some videos but... saves a 500dollar deposit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Fn ridiculous lol

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I was thinking of buying a set of these,mine is a 2015 ram.Maybe I should hold off for a while?