Muffler opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys looking for opinion on muffler setup for my rebel. My last truck, 16 outdoorsman had a borla pro xs muffler and resonator delete. New truck im trying to have it a bit tamer, mostly on the cold start, starting to feel bad for my neighbours. So im debating between the 18" mufflex or doing another pro xs muffler but keeping the resonators. I had the 14" mufflex on my 13 sport but i cant for the life of me remember what it was like on cold starts in person as a comparison. Any inputs?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

mzyski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the borla atak and it's pretty loud on a cold start. But I'm not real close to my neighbors. But the sound is amazing. I may be biased but it's the best sounding exhausts I've heard on the trucks. Even the touring.

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the borla atak and it's pretty loud on a cold start. But I'm not real close to my neighbors. But the sound is amazing. I may be biased but it's the best sounding exhausts I've heard on the trucks. Even the touring.
The borla is definately my favorite sounding also, just like the simplicity of the mufflex setup which is the only reason im torn.

Tony1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2019
Engine
V8
Went with a Flowmaster super 50
Very mild but sounds like V8
Always in the past catback asked myself why, I’ll see!!

silverWS6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've always been a Borla guy myself with all my previous GM's. This time around I decided to jump on the Magnaflow wagon and I absolutely love the way it sounds. Kept the resonators on.

It sounds good on cold start, it has some "bass" to it now and acceleration sounds great also. I definitely know the HEMI is there now.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I've always been a Borla guy myself with all my previous GM's. This time around I decided to jump on the Magnaflow wagon and I absolutely love the way it sounds. Kept the resonators on.

It sounds good on cold start, it has some "bass" to it now and acceleration sounds great also. I definitely know the HEMI is there now.

Did you go with the 14", 18" or 24"

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the mention, Guys! We do offer quite a few universal mufflers that can be used to improve the sound and volume of the truck to your liking. We also have a complete dual-exit catback system for the 2019+ in a black or polished finish that is designed for the perfect street sound. Under normal driving conditions and light throttle its almost unnoticeable inside the cabin to maintain your comfort, but really opens up once you get in the throttle!

If we can assist with choosing the correct product or answer any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot us a PM!

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Safe to say the 14" is a bit quieter on the 5th gens vs the 4th gens?

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flowmaster Super 44 , sounds nice could be a little louder

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just an update, decided on the magnaflow from b2 fab for price and ease of install. Ill post my thoughts when i get it on

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^I installed the same muffler from B2 and I love it. It's not too loud and not too quiet, which is exactly what I wanted.

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
^^I installed the same muffler from B2 and I love it. It's not too loud and not too quiet, which is exactly what I wanted.
Mine just came in and im putting it on on friday. Im hoping just a tad quieter then the 14" mufflex was on my 13 which it should be as the 19 has an extra resonator.

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good deal man. Let us know what u think once u get it installed

OP
OP
iam_canadian22

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well initial impressions are its perfect, cold start is tamer then ive had in the past which i wanted. You can just to say hear it on normal acceleration. Cruising its pretty much non existant except for when the mds kicks in you can faintly hear it. Zero drone. When you get on the pedal it sure lets you know its there. One thing i read either on here or in a comment on youtube is mention of welding the weep holes shut on the resonators. So far i only noticed on a cold start from out of truck they create the sound of a bad exhaust leak. Dont hear it once warmed up at idle but i havent checked if you hear it when you give it gas yet. All in all very pleased

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good deal man, glad to hear it. Yeah, I don't really notice the hissing/exhaust leak noise coming from the tailpipes unless I'm near the back of the truck.