Muffler recommendations!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvc357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey brothers,
Muffler Recommendations!
My 2018 Power Wagon is still wearing its Stock One to Two exhaust system.
I’m looking to change the muffler to a better flowing unit that dosent “Drone”.
Thanks

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought my 16 2500 with the 6.4 it had a Flowmaster not sure what series or one it was but it was 18" long. Had a nice growl to it on a cold start but driving around there was no drone and couldn't really tell it had an aftermarket muffler on it. I swapped that out after a year for the direct bolt on magnaflow which was a little louder. Could barely hear anything in the cab while driving around and I couldn't hear any drone. This past summer I cut the ugly resonator off and replaced it with a 5" tip. Now it really barks on a cold start and definitely hear it in the cab while driving. I love it now but if I were you I'd leave the resonator on and go with the magnaflow or solo performance Nick sells.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have 2 great options here

OP
OP
D

dvc357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey,
With the above muffler delete. It doesn’t get drony?
Here’s the thing. I tow interstate. I don’t mind a nice loud exhaust. I do want to hear both the wife and my stereo and talk on my phone in the cab.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,
With the above muffler delete. It doesn’t get drony?
Here’s the thing. I tow interstate. I don’t mind a nice loud exhaust. I do want to hear both the wife and my stereo and talk on my phone in the cab.
Then I wouldn't go with the options above.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For towing I don't think you'd want to go with the muffler delete. Pulled our camper with the magnaflow and had no problem with conversations in the cab or kids napping on the trip. But then again everyone's interpretation of drone and loud is different.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnaflow really sounds great. Post-cat all i have is an 18” MF to custom duals. Cold starts are loud, but deep. I do not get a drone at interstate speeds. Just deep roar when you put your foot in it.

xtremeroller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 & 2008
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I run the Carven progressive on mine and love the sound of it. If you are pulling anything then the sound of the exhaust is going to bounce off of it and seem louder while driving.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey brothers,
Muffler Recommendations!
My 2018 Power Wagon is still wearing its Stock One to Two exhaust system.
I’m looking to change the muffler to a better flowing unit that dosent “Drone”.
Thanks
Flowmaster Outlaw. Its direct fit. Love the sound of mine. Does get a little throatier thru the years tho. All the better!

Plainbroke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the FX Stainless Steel by Flow Master it doesn't drone much pulling my trailer.
Actually wish it was a bit louder, but it may just my old hearing going. Sounds good at idle.
Great deep rumble like a Hemi should sound..

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the Borla Touring cat back system, zero drone, sounds great, large tips and it gets rid of resonators.

”can ya hemi now” sound for sure.
Good luck with your decision.