Multi function tailgate box corner braces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShannonS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Hello. I have a multi function tail gate and was disappointed that the only option for a tonneau cover was one that sits above the box. I enjoy the multi function tailgate but missed my Bak Flip that folds up to allow full bed access. I am in. The process of fabricating Custome brackets to use with Bak flip cover. I have read other posts stating that a 3/8” plate was used as an alternative but that pushed the side rails of the cover in at the front my Custom bracket does not have this issue. Would anyone else be interested in my custom fabricated brackets? Is so what would be a fair price? Any feed back will be appreciated. I will post pics when completed should be next week.

AGANDY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a bak flip style tailgate on my 2013 Longhorn and the solid fiberglass style on my 2001 Sport. This time I bought the US Truck Covers retractable . It’s awesome with my RamBox and MFT on my 2020 Limited.

Pino F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Eco Diesel
You can buy the brackets already made I believe for $90.00
Totally worth it, all guess work already done and powder coated, perfect fit.

rightonbracket.com/product/ram-truck-bed-brackets/

Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brad kapela

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 longhorn 4x4
Engine
5.7 non e torque
why wont a hard fiber glass cover work it lips over the bed & tailgate? just have to lift it to open the gate also solves the problem of tailgates opening when driving

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used the righton brackets and cut the vertical front part of the Bak flip off where it would interfere with the brackets.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a bak flip style tailgate on my 2013 Longhorn and the solid fiberglass style on my 2001 Sport. This time I bought the US Truck Covers retractable . It’s awesome with my RamBox and MFT on my 2020 Limited.
The MFT is not a factor for the rambox beds because they don't require the extra bracing that the OP posted about. Any tonneau cover that works with the rambox bed/traditional tailgate will work for a truck with the rambox bed/MFT tailgate.

Big Dade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You can buy the brackets already made I believe for $90.00
Totally worth it, all guess work already done and powder coated, perfect fit.

rightonbracket.com/product/ram-truck-bed-brackets/

Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rightonbracket was not compatible with Bakflip MX4