My built n ordered Ram 1500 showed up with wrong rear end ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
its not on our canadian build list or window sticker. i had to look at my differential to confirm what mine was. the only thing it notes is i have an antislip differential
Rear ratio is on my window sticker, and last time I checked, Ontario was in Canada.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
i stand corrected. it is on the build sheet. my bad. i didn't recall seeing it there before. i remember now after reading of the rear end not matching what was expected before that i looked at my axle to confirm the build sheet info.
Lol guess I should have kept reading to see you found it.... Lol.

See.... ITODASO.....

ROFLMAO

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar

desync0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe it's just regular cabs or express's that have missing standard equipment?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Im getting what I ordered and what I paid for either way.

Yes, you are correct.
You are going to get, exactly what you paid bought and paid for.

Now, go check all your signed paperwork and see where it lists the rear end gears.
If you can find #;55 on purchase agreement, window sticker or some other legally binding document, then you will get 3:55 or be talked into accepting some FU-FU's in compensation.

I doubt you find such but wish you good luck.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Is 3.55 even available in that configuration (hemi, 4wd)?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nope. No 3.55 with the hemi 4x4. I believe it is standard on the 6cyl.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My 2018 came from Canada and it says in the first section 3.73 and in the packages section it says 4.10 so yeah it is on the window sticker on mine (mine is a 2500).

Hey, take a look at your phone screenshot and notice the time....3:55...lol. Maybe that was wishful thinking? But seriously, my step-son has a new style 2019 1500 and every truck on the lot had 3.21's. He either had to order one or have them get one from another dealer for 3.92s. Seems 3.21 is what is in about 95% of them? Maybe Canada is different?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright so I just had some more time to try to find some regular cab classics up there in Canada, and so far I haven't come across any with that combination (hemi/8 speed/3.55) showing on any buildsheet, they are all either 3.21 listed under standard equipment, or 3.92 under optional equipment. Interested in the OP's dealer info, who apparently has some of these, if I could get their dealer name I would love to take a look at the buildsheets on their trucks and see what they really have going on.

I found one hemi/6 speed/3.55 on a quad cab express, but that's the only 3.55 I've seen so far.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I built and ordered a 2019 Ram 1500 My must have options were 5.7 4x4 with 3.55 rear end ratio. I did the build with the salesman obviously and I noticed his build program didn’t have options available for the rear end gear ratios like when I did the build at home (3.55-3.92) so I asked why and was told and shown on the salesman’s computer that the 3.55 rear end ratio is standard for my build package. Now I picked up my truck last Thursday and immediately noticed my truck has a 3.21 not the 3.55 and asked the salesman and manager wtf happened so we replicated the build and once again their computer says a 3.55 is standard. The dealership and fca are in contact at the moment and I’m wondering if they’re going to replace and change my gear ratios (front/back) or build me another truck. What do you guys think will happen?
I would tell them you built it wrong and now you can keep it .I would not let them change the rear end and front in the shop no way get your money back and go to another dealer

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What about the time he spent waiting for the truck to be built. Sounds like they got to refund your money or give you another truck a higher model.for free no extra money. or its a breach of contract they didn't forfill

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Slide under your truck and look for a tag stuck on the bottom of the drivers side rear axle tube, that label will tell you exactly what gear ratio you have.

OP
OP
Nbachorn

Nbachorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the truck is fine and you like it, I have had two with 3.21's and 35's....but if your fine, ask for free tint, spray in bedliner, etc for the mistake and keep it.
I already have tint and a
Slide under your truck and look for a tag stuck on the bottom of the drivers side rear axle tube, that label will tell you exactly what gear ratio you have.
not if your truck was under coated. The
Alright so I just had some more time to try to find some regular cab classics up there in Canada, and so far I haven't come across any with that combination (hemi/8 speed/3.55) showing on any buildsheet, they are all either 3.21 listed under standard equipment, or 3.92 under optional equipment. Interested in the OP's dealer info, who apparently has some of these, if I could get their dealer name I would love to take a look at the buildsheets on their trucks and see what they really have going on.

I found one hemi/6 speed/3.55 on a quad cab express, but that's the only 3.55 I've seen so far.

31431658-F2E1-4612-8193-9B1912659F72.jpeg

OP
OP
Nbachorn

Nbachorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what’s given to you when you order and build a truck in Canada. Remember I ordered this truck 2months ago and at the time the dealer was showing option sheets like this for multiple trucks they had in stock, I had to order because I wanted a 2door shortbox 4x4 with antislip and either the 3.55 or 3.92 rear end. Since I was told and given paperwork like this that stated my package comes with a 3.55 I decided not to choose the 3.92 option. Im not interested in calling out the dealership involved because they already offered another truck to use for any towing purposes and agree with me about the issue at hand and are working with fca at the moment. You can’t misrepresent a brand new vehicle in Canada, with the paperwork and witnesses at time of order if I don’t get what I paid for I will just sue fca like another customer did in 2015 for the same issue(took him 9months to notice) which was settled before any court dates. This is on fca for providing incorrect information and misrepresentation. I knew what I wanted and if it wasn’t possible then I should of had the opportunity to choose the 3.92

OP
OP
Nbachorn

Nbachorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s the window sticker absolutely no information about rear end gear ratio on it.

61498F55-FEF0-4DC4-88CD-844B6243F6E3.jpeg

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what’s given to you when you order and build a truck in Canada. Remember I ordered this truck 2months ago and at the time the dealer was showing option sheets like this for multiple trucks they had in stock, I had to order because I wanted a 2door shortbox 4x4 with antislip and either the 3.55 or 3.92 rear end. Since I was told and given paperwork like this that stated my package comes with a 3.55 I decided not to choose the 3.92 option. Im not interested in calling out the dealership involved because they already offered another truck to use for any towing purposes and agree with me about the issue at hand and are working with fca at the moment. You can’t misrepresent a brand new vehicle in Canada, with the paperwork and witnesses at time of order if I don’t get what I paid for I will just sue fca like another customer did in 2015 for the same issue(took him 9months to notice) which was settled before any court dates. This is on fca for providing incorrect information and misrepresentation. I knew what I wanted and if it wasn’t possible then I should of had the opportunity to choose the 3.92

I don't want to know the dealers info to call them out, I just want to confirm that this combination really exists. As of now, it appears that they are in fact misrepresenting what is available, cause I haven't seen any proof of that drivetrain combination actually being available. I'll look a little more again later when I get some more time, but so far for me it has been like finding a unicorn.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here’s the window sticker absolutely no information about rear end gear ratio on it.

View attachment 176025

yep, i looked at my window sticker again and no reference to rear end gearing either. maybe it only shows (in canada) if it's optional versus standard like 19jakes post?