My dream shop build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Wow, that is one beautiful property/home you've got yourself there. Although I certainly couldn't build one my self by hand, I am a huge fanatic of custom homes shops and home building in General. The fact that your wife and yourself custom designed most all of it makes it that much more amazing. Congrats, many years of fun and comfort in that bad boy.... that shop is going to be awesome.

It'll be a longtime before we get to build our dream house like that, but yours sure is inspiring!

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, that is one beautiful property/home you've got yourself there. Although I certainly couldn't build one my self by hand, I am a huge fanatic of custom homes shops and home building in General. The fact that your wife and yourself custom designed most all of it makes it that much more amazing. Congrats, many years of fun and comfort in that bad boy.... that shop is going to be awesome.

It'll be a longtime before we get to build our dream house like that, but yours sure is inspiring!
Thank you man really appreciate it,and my wife will be happy to hear [emoji1305]. It really does make it that much more satisfying to see everything that me or my wife designed (some stuff I drew lol) built and completed. Cant wait for the shop to get finished!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Thank you man really appreciate it,and my wife will be happy to hear [emoji1305]. It really does make it that much more satisfying to see everything that me or my wife designed (some stuff I drew lol) built and completed. Cant wait for the shop to get finished!

Any chance you would be comfortable PM'ing me a pdf of your floor plan? I'll be building a custom bungalow with a finished basement in future years, and there are just some thing from your photos I'm curious as to how it all ties together. I really like the layout of your kitchen.dining area and the vaulted ceilings.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance you would be comfortable PM'ing me a pdf of your floor plan? I'll be building a custom bungalow with a finished basement in future years, and there are just some thing from your photos I'm curious as to how it all ties together. I really like the layout of your kitchen.dining area and the vaulted ceilings.
No problem man, let me get it from my wife and I'll take a few pics of the blues and send em to ya

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PDF my wife might have, but otherwise i know we got the blues for the house

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
She does have pdf so I'll send it to ya [emoji1305].

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
She does have pdf so I'll send it to ya [emoji1305].

Awesome, thank you! Still can't get over that shop.... man the uses I'd have for that. Simply having your own lift would be a lifesaver. So many things you can do to your vehicle on your own much more efficiently with one.... and there really not that expensive. It's the facility that they go in that gets ya lol.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, thank you! Still can't get over that shop.... man the uses I'd have for that. Simply having your own lift would be a lifesaver. So many things you can do to your vehicle on your own much more efficiently with one.... and there really not that expensive. It's the facility that they go in that gets ya lol.
Exactly! The lift I got is a heavy duty truck lift, the model is bendpak XPR-10S and it only costed 3200 I believe. I have a priority membership to northern though so I get good deals on stuff (WELL worth the money for any guy) but I think even Amazon had it for around 35 or 36. You can get other 2 posts for as low as 1,900. But yeah this shop is the dream come true for me man, I have so many projects already lined up lol I have lots of parts laying around I've been adding up for when the shops finished I can go to town

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Exactly! The lift I got is a heavy duty truck lift, the model is bendpak XPR-10S and it only costed 3200 I believe. I have a priority membership to northern though so I get good deals on stuff (WELL worth the money for any guy) but I think even Amazon had it for around 35 or 36. You can get other 2 posts for as low as 1,900. But yeah this shop is the dream come true for me man, I have so many projects already lined up lol I have lots of parts laying around I've been adding up for when the shops finished I can go to town

No doubt, also makes it really easy to make a bit of cash on the side... not just with trucks, but anything really. Well done, that is an awesome set up. If it is just you and the wife you'll not grow out of that fort anytime soon.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can FINALLY update this thread! My builder has been stuck in some city crap that hes been dealing with so that's why hes so far behind with my shop, but they finally started going yesterday. They dug and put posts in yesterday and now it is finally going to get moving [emoji1591]

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little more done today, inspectors also came out and everything passed to move forward [emoji1305]7337e781c27ea9b9f69ecb2644ff4c4f.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Day 3, were finally moving now [emoji1591]
e5219bb6eb8d6cfdfef39f360b95e3d7.jpg
166cf4be4b6921610f6fdc31ed3d676e.jpg

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't say I have ever seen a shop built that way before. Interesting to see how other countries do it.

When I built mine the concrete pad was poured first and then the garage was built on (and attached to) the pad. Framed and built like a small house.

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I can't say I have ever seen a shop built that way before. Interesting to see how other countries do it.

When I built mine the concrete pad was poured first and then the garage was built on (and attached to) the pad. Framed and built like a small house.

This looks like a pole barn design.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When I built mine we did the foundation walls/footings first and the floor was done after the framing,rafters, roof and sheeting was done. Was built in the winter though so it was easier to do a good floor when it was covered and only the foundation was done in the summer ahead of time due to a lack of time. Was better to build it when work was slow vs when I'd have to pass up paying jobs to do it.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it is a metal pole barn [emoji1305] they are pouring my shop slab and all my front property at the same time

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know cant see much but even though it's dead winter and snowing they are still making progress haha got a lot more framing done and got the trusses on last night [emoji41]
52cde2daaea36a7632dc1dd85757758e.jpg
f919d73882a6a8a9508551a142065a72.jpg
460112e23b5be1e59097039620543cd0.jpg
f92d6d22eebdaabdfc65254af63f2b21.jpg