My Experience with Icon, Radflo and king

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
Hi guys

I'm not here to advertise or give a bad comparison, I just want you guys to save your time and money and not do what I have done.

First had Icon, bought them out of the shelf and not tuned for my driving style, got them broken and sent them to USA for tuning and revalving. Worked fine,

icon

Advantages : Less body roll, more fast on the desert more smooth, fast service, easy to level the truck "pre-load".

Disadvantages: bottom out with big humps, stiff on low speed, no reservoirs for the front coilovers, less travel.

king

Advantages: smother on the road, reservoir with adjuster, good build, higher front coilovers than others
Disadvantages: stiff ride off-road, the dealer is difficult to reach.

Radflo

Advantages: best built, perfect for high speed desert driving, smooth on the road and smoother off-road, react well on small or big woops, reservoir with adjuster.
Disadvantages: nothing.

In my opinion Radflo is the best, don't go here and there, ask them how you want to drive your truck and they will tune the shocks on your style.

Maybe if you guys want them for different driving styles than my style then other shocks could be better than Radflo's

For any questions I'm ready and sorry for my English

Good luck with any choice

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
well you can get custom valved kings also, but im sure its hard to do over there

OP
OP
Abdulrahman-Qatar
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
well you can get custom valved kings also, but im sure its hard to do over there

Right now I have customized King Shocks from 1 of the best King's distributor. Still Icon non Reservoir Coilovers are better

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I'm surprised you had a difficult time with King. I had a shock break, dropped it off at the factory at 3:00 in the afternoon and they had it rebuilt and ready the next morning by 9:00 am.

OP
OP
Abdulrahman-Qatar
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
Yeah I'm surprised you had a difficult time with King. I had a shock break, dropped it off at the factory at 3:00 in the afternoon and they had it rebuilt and ready the next morning by 9:00 am.

Did you just bought them or you requested any revalving?
My previous Icon Coilover's shaft got broken cz it was not tuned for my driving style, got them fixed and tuned then had no problems.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My shocks are tuned to Thurens Stage 3 specification for off road driving. It looked like the eyelet a the bottom of the shock maybe got a little too hot when they were welding and it sheared through. Factory said he has seen it happen twice in 10 years lucky me, but with our road and working out in the pasture I have things break that would never break for someone else.

OP
OP
Abdulrahman-Qatar
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
My shocks are tuned to Thurens Stage 3 specification for off road driving. It looked like the eyelet a the bottom of the shock maybe got a little too hot when they were welding and it sheared through. Factory said he has seen it happen twice in 10 years lucky me, but with our road and working out in the pasture I have things break that would never break for someone else.

How they perform with you? I mean King Shocks

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They changed the whole truck. I don't take the truck out in open sand but my driveway is 2.5 miles long with some large rocks and dips that used to toss the truck around pretty good. I have one straightaway where i can get going pretty fast but on average I go around 35 mph and you can here the noise of hitting the ruts and washboards but it just doesn't translate into the truck at all. You should talk to Thuren I'm sure he can get you a shock valving perfect for what you want to do.