my first ding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just noticed my 1st ding I havnt even made my 1st payment :flipthebird: to the Jerk who did it
Just me ranting but this is why I park like a d!ck and take up 2 spots cuz people cant get into thair cars without messing up some one else's
I know a pdr can get it out but that's not the point
Or wait maybe I can just buy fender flairs Humm good idea
I'll try to sale the wife tonight....... lol

How do you guys keep away from idiots that don't know how to get into a car properly?

The ding is at the bottom of the passenger side fender right b4 the bumper
It looks small in the photo but with reflection it bigger then a quarter in person

Attachments

• 20151029_150107.jpg
    20151029_150107.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20151029_150131.jpg
    20151029_150131.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 92

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Sorry to hear it... it happens and the only way to avoid it is leave it in the garage. I could do a panoramic picture around mine showing them all.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had my truck like for 6 months and someone hit my rear bumper.
Not really bad, looks like someone who had a fishing rack of sort on front.
I am the type I rather walk a few more steps then park in front row.
Sucks tho when people do this and don't leave a note,

amjones182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My first ding was last week on my 2500 with only 100 miles on it
It was done by the dealership as they were fulfilling part of the purchase deal. They are repainting my door on monday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

william00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That sux man! I park far off everywhere to try and avoid this .

amjones182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I try to park far off also but it is a double edged sword. Runaway carts are like laser guided misses when you are the only car around. My 1 year old 1500 I traded last week had 3 dings from random carts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I must be lucky. No dents on my truck (knock on wood)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Just me ranting but this is why I park like a d!ck and take up 2 spots cuz people cant get into thair cars without messing up some one else's

I have seen peoples vehicles keyed for taking up two spots like you mentioned.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Yea me 2 but I never do it in a full parking lot lol
Most of the time I try and park in the back open spots

Yeah, most people do not mind if it is the back farthest area of a parking lot that gets little to no people parking there anyways.

Still have to be careful though, I seen a new corvette get keyed when the driver double parked in the farthest lot spaces of a half full movie theater parking lot for a matinee. By the time he got out, the lot was full to capacity with people cruising the lot waiting for space to open. Whomever did a pretty nasty key of that corvette.

I try to park far away also but do not double park. If I have to park in a condensed lot, I try to find end spaces and park farthest over in the space. So that cuts my risk by at least 50% because only one side is exposed to other parking vehicles.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I try to park away from other vehicles and as close to a cart rack as possible. I figure if someone is parked near me they're also close enough to the cart rack that they'll use it.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm the same way, usually park far far away from every other spot. And I do usually park on an angle too. I have owned other cars that got dings from inconsiderate people, so years ago started parking on an angle. People would ask "why do you park like that?"
2 reasons; it's away from everyone and not bothering anybody, and for everyone's saftey!!! If I ever caught someone keying my vehicle, actually any body's vehicle, god help them, I would teach them a very hard lesson that would stay with them for many years.
Some people are incredibly ignorant and assholes, screwing with others property just for the hell of it. No idea what could possess a person to damage anothers property.....

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
After owning our 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited for only a year, I discovered some deep scratches on the passenger side front bumper, and some lighter scratches on the driver side front bumper. Both car height. Its the wife's primary vehicle, otherwise I would have noticed them sooner, I'm sure.

As others have said, even if you are careful, its going to happen sooner or later. Only way to prevent it is to never drive anywhere.

Last edited:

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I'll park in the exact same spot on the 4th floor of our parking garage every time. Ever since 2 carriers decided they wanted to pull into port, the normally empty garage is jammed pack. I hate getting up there and seeing some beater car snuggled up right next to me....

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid my truck off after owning it for about 9 months. As soon as I did I got 2 large rock chips in the windshield and the scratches and dings have came on way faster than I'd like. The worst part being I helped my brother move back to Idaho from California. Had a bed full of his belongings. He wanted to tarp it, I said no, something will get ****** up, well about 3 hours from home there was a large imminent rain storm, so we tarped it. Well as I knew it would, one of the strap tie down holes escaped and my tailgate now has probably 15 dings in it. Not small ones. **** it at this point. I'm just going to drive it!! I'm trying to be careful but seem to be fighting a losing battle.

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Three months old, and I just got my first ding yesterday. Looks like it's just paint though and hopefully will buff out.

And kicker is, I am always real careful and park at the back of every lot I end up in.

I hate people.

Custom%20Image0_zpsnbk7mh4l.jpg

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I'll park in the exact same spot on the 4th floor of our parking garage every time. Ever since 2 carriers decided they wanted to pull into port, the normally empty garage is jammed pack. I hate getting up there and seeing some beater car snuggled up right next to me....

You just do this when that happens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzHijYtrs-c

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I remember my first ding was from the car hop at Sonic. Her first day, they put her on skates and tried to step off the curb and rolled a little bit and the plastic tray hit my driver fender.