My lowering parts list so far -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Boy you aint lying it seriously killed me. All i got left to do is to torque bolts and to put shocks and springs back in. I just wanna give a shoutout to garys hemi a member on here. He helped me get through the painful process. I am anxious to see what these brackets are about. Seem solid as can be. But dam i went throught some drill bits half being harbor freight though. And the drilling angle can be difficult but it all come out in the wash.

20180101_174044.jpg

20180101_180133.jpg

Last edited:

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to help out man. The install sucks, there is no other way to put it. Would be alot better install w/ 1/2" hardware instead of 5/8". They are worth it in the end though.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well when you think the hassle is over its not. It took everything i have to torque all the bolts to 180 ft lb but i got it done. Tommorow will finish springs and shocks and i shall be done.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well i got it all on finally. Have yet to drive it but so far a very well thought of kit and seems solid. A picture of a centered wheel hell ya. I cant wait to see how it performs. And again was a job to install.

20180103_195204.jpg

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sorry if I missed something, what happened to the rest of this thread. I have the exact same truck and would like to know the end of the story.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up doing my second truck with the Ground Force 2/3 . Little more expensive but no vibrations, great ride . Had to push the rear axle over 3/4" to recenter it, but was the only thing.

OP
OP
fljab

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if I missed something, what happened to the rest of this thread. I have the exact same truck and would like to know the end of the story.

Same truck as mine? No end to the story just yet. I was on tonight transferring all the part numbers and relevant images to a word document to be able to refer to it. I have other mods in the works too. I bought 20" wheels and will likely get them mounted with new tires before lowering, but right now just doing the normal living, making my payments and other bills, so not a lot of progress on getting lowering parts.

I have a couple of small issues with the truck that I'm going back and forth with the dealer on, and really don't want to change much just yet. Add to that I drove through some paint or something and have it all over the driver's side of the truck; I'm getting that detailed off in a couple of days.

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finall have all parts that I need I Believe,

Bell Tech 964 kit
QA1 shocks
Illicet no cut brackets
i bought the spoon adj arm(i've noticed alot of people dont care for it)
I may consider ballistic fabrication

also what does this mean?
The front Ford sway bar endlinks are needed also

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Spohn adjustable panhard bar is good. People just dont like the Spohn upper & lower control arms due to the bushings/joints in them.

The front sway bar endlinks that you want are 2008 Ford F150 endlinks. Those bring the sway bar back level to work properly

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The Bilstein 5100 rear shocks in this pic are the same exact height extended & compressed as the Belltech Street Performers. I installed them after my 30,000 mile Belltechs were done for. Much better ride & handling. Just need to install the bushings in the summit order picture due to the shocks coming w/ too small of bushings/sleeves.

Also I have 2" Belltech springs up front w/ stock height factory replacement Bilstein 4600's up front. Have had them fro 30,000 miles. Great shocks for a lowered set up. They help take bump steer & body roll out if the lowered set up
View attachment 116118 View attachment 116124
Are these on just a 2inch rear drop or 2/4... I'm lowered 2inch in the rear and wanna go 5100 due to good experiences when lifted ... and would like them for this application now... over the 4600

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Are these on just a 2inch rear drop or 2/4... I'm lowered 2inch in the rear and wanna go 5100 due to good experiences when lifted ... and would like them for this application now... over the 4600

Gary's long since sold his truck,and isn't on here much anymore.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Damn lol appreciate you letting me know.

You can track him down on facebook if you want to hunt him up,Gary Trail is the guy you're looking for. I still talk to him fairly often,i'll send him a message to check in here ,and he might pop in.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just sent him a message to check in here for you Chris.I think he's working afternoons this week,so give him a bit.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can track him down on facebook if you want to hunt him up,Gary Trail is the guy you're looking for. I still talk to him fairly often,i'll send him a message to check in here ,and he might pop in.

Logged back in for the 1st time in 1 yr(hard to believe it has been that long) & have all kinds of alerts & pm's. Lol

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I am not entirely sure how that 5100 shock would be with just a 2" rear drop. I had a 2/4 kit & they worked well for that. It would be the same as running a Belltech Street Performer(length wise extended & compressed but not valving & so on) with 2" rear springs which I think people have done.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am not entirely sure how that 5100 shock would be with just a 2" rear drop. I had a 2/4 kit & they worked well for that. It would be the same as running a Belltech Street Performer(length wise extended & compressed but not valving & so on) with 2" rear springs which I think people have done.
See if I knew the stock shock extended and compressed length I could be able to search the 5100s for a close fit and then swap the bushings and sleeves correct?... and so if guys are using those belltechs on a 2" drop it may be possible?...thanks for replying ! I just really loved the 5100s on my last truck but this ones dropped and I'm not entirely sure I'd be happy with the 4600s ... mind you I haven't tried but also would rather not spend the money to not be happy with them.