My New Ram 1500 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Be careful with the front window tint ... anything over 35% is illegal in Ontario ...
In Ontario any vehicle manufactured after Jan1/2017, that drives on Highway/streets. It's illegal to add aftermarket tinting front window period.
Driver and Passenger sides are max of 30%.
Was updated in 2016.

That said. I did do 50% front and sides same as rear. It's a $50 fine.

OP
OP
J

Jayzonk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Ontario any vehicle manufactured after Jan1/2017, that drives on Highway/streets. It's illegal to add aftermarket tinting front window period.
Was updated in 2016.

Thanks. I didn't mention it to the dealer, and I assumed that he knows the law. As the old joke goes, when you assume something...

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow awesome truck. I absolutely love that color. I've seen a couple around town and look even better in person.

Gom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on new truck. I should trade my 2016 in on a classic while I can still get one.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just noticed the gap between the grille and the hood and I thought the whole setup would just look sturdier/richer if the gap was filled. There's nothing nicer than a strong looking Ram grille coming toward you on the highway.

Small point, but I don't know why Ram sourced a gloss black grille when the rest of the black on the truck is flat. I don't know if dodge makes a flat black version? It's too complicated to wrap the one that's on it in flat black properly.

Fair enough! I know what you mean, they could have put that rubber strip the whole way... cost cutting. :)

I think the Warlock grill would work if you like it. I'm sure some aftermarket ones are available also. The gloss black grill is growing on me now. At first I thought it was a bit off but seems to fit well with the colour of my RAM. I may change my mind later on.

Herckules35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I got the same truck blacked out and so far i like it , it also is the etorque but i feel my 2017 got better gas mileage
Give it time for the power train to break in- usually the first 8-10,000kms. You’ll see as the engine wears in and the computer learns your habits, your fuel economy will improve.

OP
OP
J

Jayzonk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fair enough! I know what you mean, they could have put that rubber strip the whole way... cost cutting. :)

I think the Warlock grill would work if you like it. I'm sure some aftermarket ones are available also. The gloss black grill is growing on me now. At first I thought it was a bit off but seems to fit well with the colour of my RAM. I may change my mind later on.
I'm sure there's a thread here about other OEM Ram grilles that fit the classic. I saw one of these on a Ram today, but it was the OEM version. Not sure it would fit? I think the reason it looked good was because it was color-matched to the body. I still think the key would be to get a flat black grille to match the black on the sport hood and the badging on the sides.
71C+ss9XRRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was updated in 2016.

I hate to break it to you but the fine part is $85 + surcharge which equals $110 ... and if you don't remove it, it can become expensive if the police decide to charge every time they see you on the road ... As for the tint, it use to be 35% but you are correct it has been changed to 30% ... which means the The VLT rate or Visible Light Transmission rate of the vehicle’s front and side windows should be 70% or higher ... I'm a retired LEO and carried a tinted glass sample (which I still have) with me as a prop to show drivers that questioned me when stopped for their tinted windows ... I usually gave them a warning to have it removed, and if they didn't, and I saw them again, I offered them the $110 fine ... (and that's the set fine at the roadside) ... It can go as high as $500 + surcharge should an Officer decides to send you to court ... You can check out Section 73(2) and 73(3) of the Highway Traffic Act for reference should you feel inclined ...

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hate to break it to you but the fine part is $85 + surcharge which equals $110 ... and if you don't remove it, it can become expensive if the police decide to charge every time they see you on the road ... As for the tint, it use to be 35% but you are correct it has been changed to 30% ... which means the The VLT rate or Visible Light Transmission rate of the vehicle’s front and side windows should be 70% or higher ... I'm a retired LEO and carried a tinted glass sample (which I still have) with me as a prop to show drivers that questioned me when stopped for their tinted windows ... I usually gave them a warning to have it removed, and if they didn't, and I saw them again, I offered them the $110 fine ... (and that's the set fine at the roadside) ... It can go as high as $500 + surcharge should an Officer decides to send you to court ... You can check out Section 73(2) and 73(3) of the Highway Traffic Act for reference should you feel inclined ...

You hate to break it me???
/Quote From YOU
Be careful with the front window tint ... anything over 35% is illegal in Ontario ...
/Quote

Might want read Traffic act before posting first... It states exactly what I wrote...
For someone claiming to be 'retired', you might want go back to training school.
And it was $50 in Ontario, when Act was updated in 2016

OP
OP
J

Jayzonk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
/Quote From YOU
/Quote

Might want read Traffic act before posting first... It states exactly what I wrote...
For someone claiming to be 'retired', you might want go back to training school.
Thanks for clarifying! Still haven't picked the Ram up, but here she is at the dealership, with the flaps, tonneau cover, tinted windows. I think it looks fantastic in person, but the black wheels just disappear because they are SO BLACK! I would actually prefer a set of the Ram aluminum polished sport wheels. Where's the best place to find a set, for Canadians?

Attachments

• Detailed Passenger Side Oct 8.jpg
    Detailed Passenger Side Oct 8.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Detailed Driver Front Oct 8.jpg
    Detailed Driver Front Oct 8.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
J

Jayzonk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just thought I'd mention that the little crease three-quarters of the way down the door breaks up the door profile nicely, without having to add any body side mouldings. I originally thought a black body side moulding would be nice, but I don't think it's subtle enough when it's in black.

Attachments

• Detailed Driver Side Full Side.jpg
    Detailed Driver Side Full Side.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 12
  • Passenger Side Partial Nice Clean up Oct 8.jpg
    Passenger Side Partial Nice Clean up Oct 8.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 12

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just thought I'd mention that the little crease three-quarters of the way down the door breaks up the door profile nicely, without having to add any body side mouldings. I originally thought a black body side moulding would be nice, but I don't think it's subtle enough when it's in black.

Truck looks nice. I don't know best place. There are many options. Depends where you live.
Also depends if you plan on keeping old ones and/or selling them, using some parts of them.

I kept the old rims, wheels, sensors together, as spares.

Purchased new sensor's from dealer online webpage. Had them ship to me.
Got rims online from canadawheels.ca
Tires and install, I purchased from local tire shop in Mississauga.

You can of course purchase everything from one place. Either dealer, tire shop.

My view, I would purchase the tire sensors from a Dealer. You can purchase 'cheaper' ones.
They just worked, with no issues. As long as Tire place doesn't break them.

carolinacoastie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Great looking truck you have there, congratulations. I'm not big on mods beyond a spray in bedliner, side steps, and wind deflectors for hotter climates. That is of course unless your hobbies or lifestyle require something additional such as farming, camping, hunting, off-roading, etc.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
/Quote From YOU
/Quote

Perhaps you should have read my response to you more carefully and you would see that I agreed with you on the change to 30% ... As for the HTA here is the section that covers tinting ... I have a copy of the updated HTA downloaded on my computer ... Surcharge and costs bring the total to $110 ...
And why would I need to go back to "training school" when I'm retired ?? Especially when I know what I'm talking about ... I've copied section 73 and 74 directly from the HTA for your reading pleasure ...

Penalties for unlawful car window tint in Ontario result in a $85 – $500 fine, and there may be additional surcharges and fees involved. Ontario window tint sources: Ontario Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER H.8, Equipment obstructing view (see sections 73 and 74)

Source: https://www.tinting-laws.com/canada/ontario/
Copyright © Tinting-Laws.com

Equipment obstructing view​

Signs, objects, etc.​

73 (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway,
(a) with any sign, poster or other non-transparent material or object placed on the windshield or on any window of such motor vehicle; or
(b) with any object placed in, hung on or attached to the motor vehicle,
in a manner that will obstruct the driver’s view of the highway or any intersecting highway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (1).

Colour coating obstructing view prohibited​

(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway where the surface of the windshield or of any window of the vehicle has been coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver’s view of the highway or any intersecting highway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (2).

Colour coating obscuring interior​

(3) No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface of the windshield or of any window to the direct left or right of the driver’s seat has been coated with any coloured spray or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interior of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (3).

Signs, etc., required by Act or regulations​

(4) This section does not prevent the use of signs, markers or equipment required under this Act or the regulations. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (4).

Windows to afford clear view​

74 (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway,
(a) unless the windshield and the windows on either side of the compartment containing the steering wheel are in such a condition as to afford the driver a clear view to the front and side of the motor vehicle; and
(b) unless the rear window is in such a condition as to afford the driver a clear view to the rear of the motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 74 (1).

Application of cl. (1) (b)​

(2) Clause (1) (b) does not apply to a motor vehicle that is equipped with a mirror or mirrors securely attached to the motor vehicle and placed in such a position and maintained in such a condition as to afford the driver, otherwise than through the rear window, a clearly-reflected view of the roadway in the rear or of any vehicle approaching from the rear. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 74 (2).

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@Jim113

Again and for last time... You are one the posted the wrong information... Stop pretending you have clue and get over it...
You just posted and quoted that shows you were wrong... Why you want keep going on and on... No clue.

The person that asked question in first place, already said they had tinting done.

Since you clearly are clueless... Here some information for you... "Fines change from time to time"

As I posted above. The law was first changed in 2016, and act come into force in 2017.

If you are going pretend you have clue, learn how to use google, and read first. Don't just paste first link you find...

This would be correct source https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK145

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Jim113

Again and for last time... You are one the posted the wrong information... Stop pretending you have clue and get over it...
You just posted and quoted that shows you were wrong... Why you want keep going on and on... No clue.

The person that asked question in first place, already said they had tinting done.

Since you clearly are clueless... Here some information for you... "Fines change from time to time"

As I posted above. The law was first changed in 2016, and act come into force in 2017.

If you are going pretend you have clue, learn how to use google, and read first. Don't just paste first link you find...

This would be correct source https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK145
For the last time your link is exactly where I got the sections from ... Obviously you have no comprehension skills on the law ... Here is the link for Ontario Highway Traffic Act Set Fines ... Notice item numbers 195 - 203 which are set fines (less costs) for Section 73 and 74 of the HTA ...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01