My Thoughts on Finally Lifting my Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great! Thanks for the info. I don’t like the rivet look either.

Tossing around lifts still. I just brought the truck hone in June and the ride is so nice I don’t want to mess it up

Thanks for your insight and enjoy your ride!

PE7EY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! Tires fit perfect with the flares [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! Added my lift earlier this year and handled it as a DIY. I am planning on adding the fender flares as well but will go with the rivets. Looking at a set from Rock Auto.

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! Tires fit perfect with the flares [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You. I look at previous pics of my truck and find my old tires too be too skinny now

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! Added my lift earlier this year and handled it as a DIY. I am planning on adding the fender flares as well but will go with the rivets. Looking at a set from Rock Auto.

Thank You... what lift did you go with?

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it is....Thank You for Posting This Pic

Yep, as others have also said - that's a good looking truck! I too was going to buy the Fuel Assaults but found the TIS Off-Road 544BM and went with that. I am still waiting on them to come in and sure hope I made the right choice. Yours does look good with them on it. I'll also be adding BW fender flares to cover the overage because Hawaii has a thing about rubber sticking out past the covering.

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, as others have also said - that's a good looking truck! I too was going to buy the Fuel Assaults but found the TIS Off-Road 544BM and went with that. I am still waiting on them to come in and sure hope I made the right choice. Yours does look good with them on it. I'll also be adding BW fender flares to cover the overage because Hawaii has a thing about rubber sticking out past the covering.

Thanks....That's a good looking rim. Are you still waiting for the BDS lift to come in? The anticipation killed me after the 1st month

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks....That's a good looking rim. Are you still waiting for the BDS lift to come in? The anticipation killed me after the 1st month

Yes, the owner's son told me it would be 3 about weeks for delivery when I ordered it. I checked in after 3 weeks when the owner was back and he told me it's normally 6 weeks. So, I checked in again at week #7, and was told that "some BDS kits came in, but they were all for Tacoma's, but it should be in next week and We'll call you when it comes in." So, week #8 now and still no call. So, still patiently waiting for it to arrive. The caveat is that I'm still waiting on my wheels and tires too so it's not that big of a deal.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I'll stick with a good ride. Lifting looks great, but I prefer function over form. If you can do without the precise engineering that goes into a truck, lift away. Just be prepared for a bad ride if that does occur (and it usually does.) If I really needed the truck lifted, I'd get the versions from the factory that have been well-engineered by the OEM that have the 2" lift already on the truck.

Elijah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure about your year but, I have a 2017 1500 4x4 with 6'4" bed.
I can fit my BFG K02 35" full size spare under the bed.

Have you tried to put yours there?

Mine just fit with about a Popsicle stick thickness of space to spare.

AKGONZO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting...I'm running 35s with just a level and I don't see much difference in height? I'm doing a 4" tomorrow, I don't think I need more than that.

Your truck looks great BTW.

20200912_162924.jpg

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll stick with a good ride. Lifting looks great, but I prefer function over form. If you can do without the precise engineering that goes into a truck, lift away. Just be prepared for a bad ride if that does occur (and it usually does.) If I really needed the truck lifted, I'd get the versions from the factory that have been well-engineered by the OEM that have the 2" lift already on the truck.

I find the ride to be better than stock with the lift that I got. What lift did you have that gave you a bad ride?

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure about your year but, I have a 2017 1500 4x4 with 6'4" bed.
I can fit my BFG K02 35" full size spare under the bed.

Have you tried to put yours there?

Mine just fit with about a Popsicle stick thickness of space to spare.

Mine is a 2015. No I haven't tried it yet

OP
OP
R

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting...I'm running 35s with just a level and I don't see much difference in height? I'm doing a 4" tomorrow, I don't think I need more than that.

Your truck looks great BTW.

View attachment 221463

Thank you...I like the color of the truck and matching rims

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8FB376C3-44D3-4CD4-B7C7-9DE052BEC1EE.jpeg I just went with a 2.5” lift in front and 1” in rear for now with 20x10-24 offset Wicked W909 with 275/65/20 (34”) tires

when it’s no longer my daily driver (2-3 years) I’m going with a 6” lift with 20x12-44 offset and 35” tires.