My truck became a pole dancer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Well, I'll say one thing having a roll pan will make you a lot more careful about what is behind you.

mitchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You want a roll pan after this? If you had a roll pan you'd be buying a new tailgate too

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or a roll pan AND camera AND backup sensors...since the factory installed mirrors didn't seem to work haha

-TapATalkAholic-

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch, I did the same thing, but the front end, and hit the fire hydrant, no poles around it LOL

OP
OP
Track3r

Track3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
meh I wouldn't have hit the damn pole had I not been in a hurry to get to a job -.-

Backup camera is on the list tho :p

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Better to ask for forgiveness then for permission :)

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New title:

My truck became a prison *****.

Sucks to see that bud, but at least you're taking it in stride.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Damn that sucks man.....

Also Just an FYI for everyone.....

The worst that would have happened should you have it the hydrant though would be a bigger dent and possibly the cost to reinstall a new hydrant in the spot if insurance didnt cover it (about $7-$10k for a new hydrant and labor for installation). Hydrants DO NOT go boom when you hit them. The valve that you have to open to get the water to flow is about 4-6ft below ground minimum and remains closed until the hydrant is needed in which case it is then opened manually, so in other words it is never armed it is always off. The only way to crack it via accident is to move the entire 6"-8" diameter Ductile Iron Waterline enough that it causes the valve to fail.... and thats just not going to happen. The scenes you see in movies where someone backs up into one or runs over one and causes a gyser is just a movie special effect. I have been designing waterline and Hydrant projects & installations for the Phoenix Metro area now for going on 8yrs so I know my stuff here.

OP
OP
Track3r

Track3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Damn that sucks man.....

Also Just an FYI for everyone.....

The worst that would have happened should you have it the hydrant though would be a bigger dent and possibly the cost to reinstall a new hydrant in the spot if insurance didnt cover it (about $7-$10k for a new hydrant and labor for installation). Hydrants DO NOT go boom when you hit them. The valve that you have to open to get the water to flow is about 4-6ft below ground minimum and remains closed until the hydrant is needed in which case it is then opened manually, so in other words it is never armed it is always off. The only way to crack it via accident is to move the entire 6"-8" diameter Ductile Iron Waterline enough that it causes the valve to fail.... and thats just not going to happen. The scenes you see in movies where someone backs up into one or runs over one and causes a gyser is just a movie special effect. I have been designing waterline and Hydrant projects & installations for the Phoenix Metro area now for going on 8yrs so I know my stuff here.

Still yet I did not want to pay 10k for a new hydrant

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Ram/2013 Charger R/T Super Trak Pak
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Someone needs a little road armour...

<death> Sent from my apple killer </death>

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Still yet I did not want to pay 10k for a new hydrant

True... however when all is considered, if you broke the pipe and valvefor hydrant as well, man hours to repalce everything and prices = around $20k, so damaging the hydrant only is still much less than everything together.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know exactly what he was feeling...i did the same thing but I hit it from the front of my truck and not as hard. it just tore the bumper up ans mount...so i replaced it with an SRT10 bumper.

rennaissanceman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Without a back up camera, it is really easy to hit something when you're not paying attention or in a hurry. I hit a massive trashcan and didn't notice until it started scraping against the underside of my truck