Need a little assistance, all please read “ especially if you have the rough country 3”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for any and all input. Especially for anyone with the Rough country 3” kit with their UCA kit. We have this kit in our truck and it recently started squeeking driving me fckn nuts! I grabbed some spray grease and hit all the bushings and it has subsided. My question is in the engine bay where the top is the strut mounts to the top of the spring baskets “ 3 bolts and a center hole” the strut doesn’t appear to be centered with that hole. This has me a little concerned as I belibe it is supposed to be centered. Can anyone speak to this? If you have this kit can you check urs and see if it is centered? Thanks all.. appreciate the help.

554A2722-3BDD-4DCD-AF99-E6E201C1CFAE.jpeg

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
119 views and not one response? Cmon guys... someone has some input lol

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I could help.

But by looking at the picture, it makes me think the bigger diameter hole in the spacer is lined up pretty good. Looks like the strut end is off center. Whether it moved or the hole is out or ?

It looks like there is some paint missing , making it look like the strut end has moved.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just don’t know it is supposed to be dead center or not, I will reach out to the shop that did the work tomorrow if I can remember and get their take.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Are both struts the same way? Possibly index wrong? I would assume it could only go on one way but Just throwing Ideas as I have no experience with this kit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update- strut has drifted a little bit, shop is going to fix tomorrow, if it happens again, pulling the spacers and running bills with the current rough country UCA”s. The shop owner has the same lift on one of his rams, and he doesn’t have any issues, so he is pretty confident they can fix it.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is back, they got it all sorted, at full droop the lower strut attachment hoop was hitting the lower control arm and causing the strut to shift ever so slightly, grinding a small amount down so now it clears and no more squeak squeak.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hmmm. This is interesting. I have the same issue on my truck. Previous owner installed the level spacer and my upper strut shifted drastically and actually wore a groove into the mount. How much did they end up grinding off the struts lower mount? I might try and tear mine apart and see if I can realign everything to hold me over a bit. This squeak is annoying as anything so I'll try anything to get rid of it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They only grinded enough to slide like 2 credit cards through at full droop. The squeeking is gone now, but he said you could deff see where it was pulling the strut to the side, it has started a groove in the rubber bushing, if it starts squeeking again I am just going to rip it off and Go bills or Rancho