Need a paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devins95dodgeram360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
I just got a 1995 Dodge ram with a v8 360 motor and it needing a paint job bad... what up with the factory paint chipping off and what should i use on it to keep it from chipping off like the factory paint job....

408wannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have a 95 Ram that also has terrible paint/clearcoat flaking and fading. The question is it easier to repaint with the same color or does it not matter? Prep work... it sucks all day but I don't wanna put a different color on and when all said and done it looks like ****... Litteraly my ride is sanded and primed and now waiting for paint. The origanal color is the Light Drift Wood Metallic thats just south of $500/gal :flipthebird: not that i want a low quality paint but that is why im tossing the idea of a different color. Opinions are welcomed lol..

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
so sorry to get off topic but y'all look like you know what your talkin about.. is this correctable or is the paint gone? I have a few spots like this..

61e4f3a8-0567-5fce.jpg

I was planning on trying to correct it with a clay-compound-polish-glaze-sealant-wax approach but if it's not fixable
I don't wanna waste my time...

Tapatalk Addict

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Tapatalk is being stupid apparently..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340671435.851484.jpg

Tapatalk Addict

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To correctly change a color is going to be more expensive because of doing all the jams and the engine bay(you can skip the engine bay but it looks cheap, same with skipping jams)

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
To correctly change a color is going to be more expensive because of doing all the jams and the engine bay(you can skip the engine bay but it looks cheap, same with skipping jams)

I have heard this too. but since you already have your bare and engine ripped out shouldn't be as difficult

Tapatalk Addict

408wannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Codes... your hood looks alot like my roof and hood before it started my paint job process... was told that thats clears coat peeling off and that wet sanding would solve that issue... i did not try doing that and probley wanna get someone elses thoughts on that but it looks like you have some spots where the clearcoat is gone completely.. As far as changing colors on my rig idk if i will be changing colors due to the door jams and just don't think ive "graduated" to that level haha... first time painting a vehicle btw.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I have heard that the duplicolor paint system makes it pretty easy for begginers, no filtering or any of
that adding stuff, like hardener or whatever.

Tapatalk Addict