Need advice asap if possible. Exhaust Manifold issues???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok. So i'm told that the bolts on my exhaust manifold (2 of them i think) are broken off. I can hear the engine clicking/running sounding different. I have been told that this is a common issue....but to fix it they are quoting me $700.00 to drill out and put new ones in.

So...my question is....do I NEED to do this asap? (it's happened on my Durango too btw) or can I just keep driving it. Is it going to ruin or screw anything up majorly?

I realize that I might not be getting as good mileage as I could due to lessened back pressure, but I can live with that as long as It's not going to cause me major issues.

These bolts have been broken for a year at least already...so...do I fix it asap or can it wait or just not bother fixing at all? I REALLY need some solid advice guys!

TIA

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't wait forever to fix it, but it's not going to kill anything having them broken. I sure as hell wouldn't pay $700 to have some yokel do the work for me either. Get yourself a 90 degree drill and drill them out yourself. Put some inserts in and be done with it.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Last edited:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These bolts have been broken for a year at least already...so...do I fix it asap or can it wait or just not bother fixing at all?

TIA

The main issue I would be concerned with is if any warping occurred from it being like that for so long.

Some guys experience warping....others dont(like myself)

But then I only let mine go for a few days with it being broken cause the sound drove me crazy.