NEED HELP ON 2016 RAM 1500 AIRRIDE SUSPENSION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello, I am wondering if anyone of you know anything about the ram 1500 air ride suspension electronics? or possibly know someone you can refer me to? I am located in Washington.
Here's the story, the truck is a 2016 ram 1500 bighorn/slt 5.7L hemi 4door auto transmission 43k miles. It was recently involved in light front end collision. the front right side ride height sensor linkage / assembly cracked, so i replaced it. I checked all of the fuses and they seem to be good. Yet the airride suspension does not want to work... While the truck is running i click the button on the inside to raise the truck but it doesnt work. The light illuminates that it is on the bottom setting (entry/exit) and will not blink (which would indicate that it is raising) when i click to raise it. On the dash, a light reads (service air suspension). as of right now, none of the tires have tpms sensors in them because 3 wheels are aftermarket, and one wheel is the spare tire because the aftermarket one cracked in the accident. Do you think that would have anything to do with it? also, will driving it help? I feel like it might be bad to drive it when its on the bottom level but on the other hand, I thought maybe driving it would get the compressor started...

Also, I thought of getting AlphaOBD and trying to find something in there to maybe reset the airride system? but not sure if Alpha OBD has something like that in there...

If anyone could help me out in anyway that would help me very much and would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013-2018 RAM 1500 with Air Suspension
Engine
Air Suspension Manufacturer

David Palyu

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When I got my 2014 ram back from the dealer the nrh was setting on the bump stops. Used alfaOBD to raise to proper height. The dealership screwed up 2 times on ride height.