Need help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay94ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 4.7 one day it drove fine to work and then hasn't started. Cranks but no start. You can hear the fuel pump work and smell the fuel so it's got fuel. Even sprayed some starting fluid right into throttle body nothing. Put in a new crank sensor, changed cam sensor with a used one. Checked tps sensor wasn't getting 5 volts so changed that, plugs were out of gap bad changed them. Had a friend mention the tipm or fuse block. Found a bad prong broke off and corosion. Changed them all and still the same thing except battery isn't dieing no more after changing fuse block. So it seems like it gets a weak spark every so often but still no go. Brought it to a shop to diagnose just for them to drop a $350 bill on me to say we determined that it's got power and ground and they got it to run a couple times but when it did it wasn't very healthy sounding. Said what I had been thinking that either a defective crank or cam sensor or it jumped time. So if anyone has any ideas on what it could be without dumping a bunch of money at it please let me know. I'm trying to get it back on the road and it's my plow truck

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'changed cam sensor with a used one' try a new one.

OP
OP
J

Jay94ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put in a new crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor and still no go. Spits and sputters likes it wants to start