NEED HELP!! Truck will not run after battery short

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrCam670

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Anyone out there that can help I will be so grateful. I have been working on this issue for 3 weeks now.
2019 Ram 1500 Classic with 5.7L HEMI
Long story short, it all started with a VVT sensor, which led to replacing the cam phazer and all push rods. Once that was all complete it cranked and ran but with a slight miss on # 3, this turned into a valve replacement.
So once it was all back together, I have to admit I made 2 mistakes (working on it tired) first I cranked it up and it did crank right up but ran very choppy, I immediately shut it off, only to realize I had not reconnected the passenger side injectors. After reconnecting, it would not crank, it turns over but wouldn't crank. I got back under the hood to find that I had not reconnected the hot wires to the alternator. Once all was reconnected it still would not run. I have replaced the throttle body and sensor, checked every fuse with a voltmeter and Ohmmeter to no avail. There is a strong smell of fuel but no leaks.

Any suggestion you can offer is much appreciated. I have an OBD II reader and have included the screenshot below

OBD II.jpg

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
First off, welcome to the forum.

The truck appears to be new enough, that inherent Value would suggest
taking it to a professional Mechanic, as the wisest course of action.

Simply throwing parts, trying to guess the 'Issue', can rather expensive, rather quickly.
No sense turning an 'easy' job, into a complete rebuild.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone out there that can help I will be so grateful. I have been working on this issue for 3 weeks now.
2019 Ram 1500 Classic with 5.7L HEMI
Long story short, it all started with a VVT sensor, which led to replacing the cam phazer and all push rods. Once that was all complete it cranked and ran but with a slight miss on # 3, this turned into a valve replacement.
So once it was all back together, I have to admit I made 2 mistakes (working on it tired) first I cranked it up and it did crank right up but ran very choppy, I immediately shut it off, only to realize I had not reconnected the passenger side injectors. After reconnecting, it would not crank, it turns over but wouldn't crank. I got back under the hood to find that I had not reconnected the hot wires to the alternator. Once all was reconnected it still would not run. I have replaced the throttle body and sensor, checked every fuse with a voltmeter and Ohmmeter to no avail. There is a strong smell of fuel but no leaks.

Any suggestion you can offer is much appreciated. I have an OBD II reader and have included the screenshot below

View attachment 518114
like most mechanics do throwing parts at something when it is not needed you need to figure out what all of the code have in common once you know what everything has in common that will be your root issue