Need help with headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie Baird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay well I’ve gotten 2 warnings and now tonight a ticket for my headlights for “failure to dim” but I ride with my low beams on.. the high beams are useless. Yes they are aimed correctly. My issue is, the high beams when I click them on, are right directly down in front of my truck. I can’t see down the road. They are brighter than lows but don’t light up down the road. They’re almost like low beams but bright. The low beams throw the light way down the road but are kinda dim aside from my led fog lights. So what I need help with is why are my low beams way up high like the high beam should be, but my high beams are down low like my low beams should be... i checked the bulbs and they’re h13 halogens like they should be. Stock headlight housings as well. Help ASAP please this is getting ridiculous I can’t even drive at night without getting flashed by every car I pass.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, U gonna need a better wrench turner than me. Makes me wonder if something in canbus/ECU/wiring switched? Is your truck lifted? 4 X 4? Front end riding high? The lights can be adjusted under the hood by the front frame to the correct height. Make sure the correct ones are on for what you have turned on. If you cannot figure out how to adjust them by looking at U tube videos etc, take truck in and pay to get corrected. That is the only suggestion I have...And stupid question: Was somebody changing out your headlight assemblies, because if the high's are low, and the lows are high, sounds like you have the wrong wire on the wrong light., ie,.High Beam Connection on the Low Bulb and Low on the High. I have never heard of an ECU problem like that unless somebody was in there tuning and switched something up, which You make no mention of.....

ALL of the above IMHO..........

You might want to list the trim level you have in yer avatar. Helps sometimes...

Some URL's:

FROM ANOTHER FORUM: they should be fine side to side, your trouble is up and down. there is a torx head in side the verticle rubber strip turn clock wise too raise and counter to lower. Thats for the right side, the left is the opposite I believe. Drive to a garage door and at fifteen feet center the beam too the first panel. another way is too use the bottom of a semi trailer . Or the icc bar. and set too that at 15 feet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990