need help with thermostat and tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018ROB1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
first time posting on this, I will soon be an active member once I figure out how to use this. but quick question for you guys, I have a 2018 Ram1500 5.7 hemi Harvest edition. I have an intake in it, 2.5 in lift, with 22in motometal rims and 285 nittoridge grapplers. someone who I work with was telling me to get a 180degree thermostat and a diablo tuner for the truck. he has a 6.1 SRT Jeep, he wasn't sure if my truck could use the same things to boost performance. any one have any input?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You need a unlocked pcm to use the tuner. Lots of info on this forum. Use the search function

OP
OP

2018ROB1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks *** but that only answers half my question.. any input on thermostats?? thanks brobeans

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you have electric fans, then the 180 deg TStat will also help as you can set fan on temps with the programmer. By itself, the 180 deg TStat will lower temps while cruising at highway speeds but in stop and go, not so much. That's where being able to program fan operating temps really helps.

You do need an unlocked PCM to be able to program your truck along with the programmer unit.

I'd also highly recommend a custom tune by email.

You can get a package with all those items included from Moe's Performance or Hemifever Tuning, both of which are supporting vendors here at RamForum. I've used both firms and have nothing but good stuff to say about both.